Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to the heart of dixie

If you had tried to tell me that I would be moving from the city that I have lived in all my life to a small town in Eastern Tennessee two weeks ago I would have said that you were nuts. Well. we close on the house Saturday. 2400 sq. ft. 28.5 acres. two ponds, and best of all at least a 450 yard shot into my own hillside from the back porch.

Now the big question. is there organized USPSA shooting anywhere close by? The club I've had the privilege of being practical pistol MD for now has 60-85 shooters every month. Any clubs like that around the Tellico Plains area?

Here's some pictures from the listings. They only show a fraction of the acreage that I will be getting. http://realfocus.kaarmls.com/r?57B393A030FD

Ray, That's going to be quite a drive every month to shoot at MRPC! ;)

Looks like a nice spread. Enjoy.

It's about 5 hours from here. It looks like shooting here is not going to be an option.

There are only 3 clubs listed. Since there are 4 weekends in a month sounds like you need to start up a new club at your house. You could setup 8-10 real nice stages during the week and have it ready to shoot when everybody shows up Saturday morning.

Take a good look at the Oak Ridge Sportsman Assocation. ORSAonline.net and ORSAAP.com. I think it is one of the better ranges and better values in the eastern US. Along with the skeet, trap, and 1000 yard high power ranges, we have a very active Action Pistol group. First Saturday of the month we shoot IDPA, second Saturday the Cowboys play, third weekend is USPSA on Saturday and 3-gun on Sunday, fourth Saturday is Steel Challenge, and if there is a fifth Saturday, we shoot ICORE. Non-members are always welcome. Come join us!