Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee BULGE BUSTER

Yeah, especially when what they're saying is totally wrong from a technical standpoint. The Glock feed ramp doesn't intrude much more or less than a lot of other guns out there. Sure, some like the CZ/EAA/etc line have very little feed ramp cutout of the chamber, but most like 1911's, Sigs, Glocks etc all have around the same amount of intrusion from the ramp. R,

• 2 weeks later...
For .40 I use a Dillon to resize/deprime in stage 1 and then the U-Die in stage 2. After the "double punch" the Glock brass isn't a problem...even in my SGI's tight chamber.

Is this on a Dillon press? Somewhere in the equation I must have missed something...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all 40 S&W reloaders!

I just mounted up this Lee kit and it sizes all the "Glocked" Brass perfectly.

Sized, unloaded Brass cleanly fits in my CP Bullets chamber gauge

I purchased:

• LEE FCD
  • Bulge Buster Kit (with Container)
  • Lee Reloader Press
  • Cull piece of 2x4 from Home Depot
  • Associated Hardware

Alot cheaper than the Redding solution.

Lee Bulge Buster

Ed

Edited by flack jacket

You just can't beat Lee for inexpensive and reliable equipment. I've been using their molds and dies for many years and now I use their sizing dies for my .44 cal bullets. It's simple and easy just like the bulge eliminator.

Are you only sizing the ones that fail your case gauge? It seems like doing every round of brass you load would be awfully slow. Well, at least doubling the time it takes you to load, you don’t even have a case feeder on the single stage.

Are you only sizing the ones that fail your case gauge? It seems like doing every round of brass you load would be awfully slow. Well, at least doubling the time it takes you to load, you don’t even have a case feeder on the single stage.

Good question.... I have a RL550 to load my cartridges.

I purchased the single stage as Step 1 and push through size all the cleaned, lubed 40 brass prior to starting load on 550. This process almost guarantees each round to pass the case gauge.

Silly question maybe - but, can't you push tapered cases through base first? The case head diameter is what's in question and going through base first would take care of that. This would get the case back to where it would be if fired from a normal fully supported chamber.

Then the regular sizing process would handle the tapered case for loading.

Just need a die with a head diameter carbide ring and the push rod set to work inside the case ??

• 2 weeks later...

Just set one of these up to size my .40 S&W cases before running through the 550B. It takes no time at all to run a couple of hundred cases thru and it really makes the cases run better thru the 550. Cheap & easy solution.....

Does this just mount on a cheap single stage press?

It doesn't have to be on a single stage press, but if you look on how it's set up w/ the case collector on top, it is the best solution to have on separate press. The Single stage LEE was only $28....

• 8 months later...

Why not just put the cap back on the LEE FCD and use it like it was designed. I put one in my 650 in the very last station and it's been working fine for me for the last few years. I think it was $12 from Midway or something like that.

Lee Precision came up with an additional, clever use for the FCD body only. Not being used as a crimp die at all. Sort of a poor mans Case Pro.

Jim

So does the empty FCD body come with the kit?

Why not just put the cap back on the LEE FCD and use it like it was designed. I put one in my 650 in the very last station and it's been working fine for me for the last few years. I think it was $12 from Midway or something like that.

Lee Precision came up with an additional, clever use for the FCD body only. Not being used as a crimp die at all. Sort of a poor mans Case Pro.

Jim

So does the empty FCD body come with the kit?

I purchased mine from Midway.

You would Purchase the following:

1. FCD your caliber of choice. (you will remove the adjusting screw then add extension sleeve (below) to make it a push through)

2. Bulge buster kit

Notes: Will not work with 9mm Luger

# Kit includes: Push Through Punch, Extension Sleeve and Catch Container

# Instructions

3. Optional single stage press (in which I opted for)

Hope it helps.

Less than $70 for all three !!!

Hello Roy, no you need to purchase the FCD separately.

A RCBS single stage set is up with it off to the side of my bench.

This is a prefect time for me to inspect the .40 S&W range brass.

Another benefit is that brass prepped like this runs nice through

my Dillon resizer/decapper.

All said and done roughly half the price of the Redding die.

Same process and result. Very good buy.

Jim