Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more moa?

Jay6

Thanks for the link. I thought I voted before but it must think I live in Chicago because it let me vote again. I started with a 6 MOA and found it washes out too much in the sun so I put in an 8 MOA and I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can find my brass.

I'm running 12moa in both of my Open guns and just ordered two 16moa dots for my steel guns. At such short distances I'd rather have the biggest, brightest, easiest dot to see...none of the SC shots is long enough for the bigger dot to be a problem. Heck, the 12moa dot worked really well on 40yd standards, so I doubt the 16 would hurt for most USPSA matches. R,

16?? Jeez Chris, what's next.... painting the whole lens red? JK :roflol:

Right now a 6. Before that a 12, before that an 8, before that a 6, before that an Aimpoint 8......

Edited by Neomet

16?? Jeez Chris, what's next.... painting the whole lens red? JK :roflol:

Right now a 6. Before that a 12, before that an 8, before that a 6, before that an Aimpoint 8......

Hmmm...you think they'd offer a dot that big? :D

I don't seem to have any trouble with long, tight shots using the 12 and the 16 is only an experiment for steel...we'll see how it goes. For close, fast work on big targets I think I'll like the larger dot. Fingers crossed...

Chris: Tell Pat M---sky that he needs a 16 MOA dot so he can hit that barn :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Are you guys still having to point him downrange prior to Make Ready? :roflol:

Last I knew he was looking for another 12moa dot for his backup gun. That might actually be a trend for folks in places like NM where it's really, really sunny all the time. R,

My 16moa dots showed up yesterday....love Shooter's Connection fast shipping!!! I put one in the steel gun (.22) and I think I'm really going to like it just based on a little bit of practice indexing on various sized "targets". I'll get to try it on Sat...steel beware :lol: