Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dream Gun for Iron Sight Steel

JThompson

As the topic says... what would be your wet dream gun for steel challenge. Iron sight only please.

Specificity, as my English teacher used to say. Too bad she wasn't my grammar teacher. :)

Edited by JThompson

Specificity, as my English teacher used to say. Too bad she wasn't my grammar teacher. :)

She didn't do much for your spelling either :roflol: (topic title)

Preserved here for prosperity:

Fream Gun for Iron Sight Steel

That would be a type error, not a spelling one; though my spelling sucks also, so your point is valid, if snide. :sight:

Mine is the single stack Springfield in .38 Super built by Canyon Creek. 10 round mags, very easy to shoot, and loads on the same press and dies as my open gun. Love it!

I spoke with a friend tonight an he said he liked a single stack too. One that was ultra light but chambered in 9. Is yours a 5 inch gu or a six? I was thinking about a very light six.

This is my dream gun for steel, iron sights. 6 inch 9mm sight tracker that is lighter than any 5 inch gun I have ever had. It weighs 36 ounces as pictured. post-677-126749689328_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fireant

That would be a type error, not a spelling one; though my spelling sucks also, so your point is valid, if snide. :sight:

I meant you no snideness :D

Yep, Matt Cheely built it. It is built on a standard STI frame, 6 inch slide with some serious lightening, 6 inch sight tracker .355 barrel chambered in 9mm with some serious lightening, EGW hammer, Brazos micro dot front sight, etc. The important thing is, it balances better than anything I have ever shot or handled. My favorite minor load is with a 124 MG JHP and I have started to use a 95 gr JHP for a steel load. As soon as anybody picks it up and handles it they start looking for the missing weight.

This is my dream gun for steel, iron sights. 6 inch 9mm sight tracker that is lighter than any 5 inch gun I have ever had. It weighs 36 ounces as pictured. post-677-126749689328_thumb.jpg

That is one "good looking" rig....never seen one like that....very unique. I am shooting a Trojan right now for steel, but getting some good ideas from some of these posts w/pictures.

I meant you no snideness :D

I did. :goof:

If I'm a wet dreaming it. I'm going to say a STI frame sent to Springfield's Custom shop. Have them build up a super light 5" 9mm. While I like my Single Stacks, the big ol' magwells on the widebody's just feel better to me when shooting steel challenge type stages.

If I'm a wet dreaming it. I'm going to say a STI frame sent to Springfield's Custom shop. Have them build up a super light 5" 9mm. While I like my Single Stacks, the big ol' magwells on the widebody's just feel better to me when shooting steel challenge type stages.

Interesting Corey.... thanks for the input.

JT

I have to echo the sentiment of goin singlestack...I have an original springfield customshop trophymaster expert from the early days of the customshop, was my first 38 super, it went to the steel challenge in 93, tho now sadly it has had 3 slide cracks welded up on it....id still go single stack, they just feel good

Sometimes when having trouble with your double stack , you might wonder why did I leave single stack ?

I have seen way more single stack issues than I have double stacks. The only thing that has ever slowed down my double stacks has been questionable ammo or a broken part that I was not aware of due to my lack of knowledge about the gun.

Mine is the single stack Springfield in .38 Super built by Canyon Creek. 10 round mags, very easy to shoot, and loads on the same press and dies as my open gun. Love it!

I spoke with a friend tonight an he said he liked a single stack too. One that was ultra light but chambered in 9. Is yours a 5 inch gu or a six? I was thinking about a very light six.

Mine is a five inch. It is light and fast. I'll get a pic up soon.