Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G10/ Micarta Grips?

liontribe

i am really digging all the G10 textured grips for 1911 and hi-power pistols. does anyone make this type of grip for the Tanfoglio pistols? i am a knifemaker and use micarta and G10 all the time for handles. i think if nobody makes these for the tanfo pistols, i may have to give it a try.

liontribe

• 1 month later...

i looked at hogue. they don't specify what size frame their grips are for. i may have to give them a call.

liontribe

The hogue didnt fit my match. :angry:

Just ordered a set from gunbroker and the guy had called hogue. they said they would fit but not even close. on the plus side if they ever do make them they will be awesome. the G10 grips that came were thin and HIGHLY textured.

Anyone know if the wooden ones are thinner than those giant rubber ones?

Edited by Boriqua

• 4 years later...

I emailed VZ a couple of weeks ago to see if they might consider making them for the large frame Tanfoglios and they responded that they had no plans to do so. Too bad.

I'm not particular on the pattern, pretty much anything that wouldn't be too aggressive texture wise to the point they might draw blood after an extended firing session.

I emailed VZ a couple of weeks ago to see if they might consider making them for the large frame Tanfoglios and they responded that they had no plans to do so. Too bad.

I'm not particular on the pattern, pretty much anything that wouldn't be too aggressive texture wise to the point they might draw blood after an extended firing session.

Yea I did the same.

Personally I think they are missing the boat.