Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Florida!

Mojave

Hello everyone! Glad to be on this board. Was up WAY too late last night thanks to all the great information out here. I'm located in NE Florida after moving here about 4 years ago from Ohio. I'm an avid pistol and long-range rifle shooter and in the past several months have really gotten into reloading.

Cheers!

Cheers fellas!

With regard to Gainsville, I'm naturally a Buckeye being from Ohio. Within six months of moving to Florida we had lost not one, but two national championships to the Gators. That was a rough start for me in Florida. :)

Cheers fellas!

With regard to Gainsville, I'm naturally a Buckeye being from Ohio. Within six months of moving to Florida we had lost not one, but two national championships to the Gators. That was a rough start for me in Florida. :)

Yeah, I know! :cheers:

One of my best friends is a die hard Bucky, I give him hell every year! But now, since you are down here, you can pull for a REAL Basketball and Football team!

PS: What is it with OSU and any SEC team? Are they snake bit?

I don't know what it is with OSU and the SEC - the division sure seems to be their kryptonite. Shoot, may as well throw in the West Coast. USC handed it to 'em at the beginning of one of their worst seasons in recent history. Anyway, it was good to get a major bowl win this year and hope that the momentum carries through.

Gotta give it to the Gator fans though - I thought we Buckeyes were the craziest!

Ancient City in St. Augustine does action pistol matches every fourth Saturday but it isn't considered a sanctioned USPSA match. The FOP #113 does a match every third Saturday that is sanctioned and held by SAPSA. Both are quite fun and many friendly shooters. There is also a match in northern Jax the second saturday of the month held by SEPSA.

Their websites can be found at

http://www.uspsa-clubs.com/sapsa/

http://www.uspsa-clubs.com/sepsa/

A member on the message board is the newly elected president of Sepsa. His user name is Nemo and is a great help.

I hope you enjoy your shooting in Jax and looking forward to seeing you at a match.

Oh and go bucks! I have a lot of family from lima ohio. My father also went to Baldwin Wallece and played for Tressel Sr.

Edited by rwebb37

There is also a match in northern Jax the first saturday of the month held by SEPSA.

The SEPSA match is held on the second saturday in Fernandina Beach.

Don't miss the upcoming SEPSA match. It's going to be a lot of fun.

If you want to shoot tomorrow, come down to shoot our Action Match at the Ancient City Range in St. Augustine.

Any questions, shoot Nemo or me an email.

Mario.

Mojave,

Welcome to the BEnosverse and to NE Florida. Big Guy, Rwebb, XDniner and I are all in the area. As Rwebb pointed out, tomorrow there's an action pistol match at the Ancient City range in St. Augustine. Also, tomorrow there is a USPSA special classifier at CAPS in Brunswick, GA. This is forums members Fireant and kend's match.

Look forward to see you at the range soon!

B)

Hello everyone! Glad to be on this board. Was up WAY too late last night thanks to all the great information out here. I'm located in NE Florida after moving here about 4 years ago from Ohio. I'm an avid pistol and long-range rifle shooter and in the past several months have really gotten into reloading.

Cheers!

Welcome to the BE family!

My mistake. Obviously still learning the dates myself.

We'll have to get you one of those shooting calendars. :closedeyes::rolleyes::goof:

Shooting tomorrow??? :blink:

Yeah, i'll be there tomorrow. Mind if I squad with you? I wanted to meet Nemo in GA but couldn't fit an extra hour drive into my schedule this month.

My mistake. Obviously still learning the dates myself.

We'll have to get you one of those shooting calendars. :closedeyes::rolleyes::goof:

Shooting tomorrow??? :blink:

Yeah, i'll be there tomorrow. Mind if I squad with you? I wanted to meet Nemo in GA but couldn't fit an extra hour drive into my schedule this month.

Hey Rwebb37, not to thread drift or anything, but I found it cool that I have an older friend in South Carolina who's real name is Wrebb. And, I need to get out to some of these matches! I'm up in Gainesville.

Don't you miss all the nice snow we are getting in Ohio? Welcome to the forum.

Strangely, yes. I was in Columbus over the weekend for drill (still in the Ohio Air Guard, based out of Toledo). It was nice and reminds me of home, but I can't say I'm not happy to head back to Florida. :)

Welcome to the forums. Did you shoot Uspsa when you were in Ohio??

Flyin

I didn't, well truthfully I still don't. Since I was old enough I've always enjoyed shooting sports of all kinds, but only over the past year have I learned how fun competitions can be. A buddy and I have been going to as many local IDPA matches as possible between First Coast and Flagler, and we'd both like to shoot with other organizations as well.

Thanks for the welcome!

Mojave,

Welcome to the BEnosverse and to NE Florida. Big Guy, Rwebb, XDniner and I are all in the area. As Rwebb pointed out, tomorrow there's an action pistol match at the Ancient City range in St. Augustine. Also, tomorrow there is a USPSA special classifier at CAPS in Brunswick, GA. This is forums members Fireant and kend's match.

Look forward to see you at the range soon!

B)

Nice - thanks! Had drill this weekend, but would love to get a look at a longer term calendar for local events. Can you please hit me with a link? Thanks for introducing yourself - definitely hope to meet you at a shoot soon.

Mojave,

Let me add a slightly belated welcome. Here are the "local" matches in the Northeast Florida area:

First Saturday of the Month:

Space Coast Practical Shooters in Titusville

And

Coastal Area Practical Shooters in New Brunswick, GA

Second Saturday of the Month:

Southeast Practical Shooters Assocation in Fernandina Beach

Third Saturday of the Month:

St. Augustine Practical Shooters Assocation (SAPSA)

Fourth Saturday of the Month:

Action Pistol (similar to a USPSA match) at the Ancient City Shooting Range in St. Augustine.

And

Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club at Orlando

As you can see, there is no shortage of action shooting matches in the area.

Edited by XD Niner