Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holiday Wishes

Jeffro

I would like to wish everyone here a wonderful Holiday Season and a healthy, happy, prosperous, New Year. Thank all of you for wonderful input and friendship.

A very special "thank you" to Brian for making all of this happen and for bringing together such a special group of people. I have said before, but repeat that the host of a website sets the tone for civility, class, and atmosphere. A host who is a "class act" draws that same element of participants to his/her site.

Warmest personal regards to all,

Jeffro (Jeff)

Hi folks,

I second that motion and the sentiments expressed.

It's been a productive and informative year, and I have no doubts whatsoever that the BE Forums will continue to be the leading online community for gun owners, and I know it will continue to prosper and grow, under the exemplary leadership, guidance and spirit of our generous host Brian Enos.

I also extend a special thanks to Uber-Administrator Kyle Farris (Flexmoney), and to my fellow Moderators, for helping to make and keep the BE Forums such a wonderful place to spend some quality time each day.

Lastly, but certainly not the least, a huge "Thank You" to the Members, a truly fantastic bunch of people, with whom I would be honoured to shoot (or have a beer) with at any time, but especially those of you who gave me such a hard time but in such a friendly way in the IPSC sections ;) You guys are awesome.

Additional to my personal thanks, on behalf of the IPSC Executive Council and the members of the Hong Kong Practical Shooting Association, I extend our fraternal greetings and best wishes to all for a happy, healthy & prosperous Christmas and New Year.

And now, back to the rum-laced egg nog :blink:

Well stated Jeff and Vince! :D

Say Vince...isn't egg nog supposed to have bourbon in it too? At least all the really good egg nog recipies I have tasted had a mixture of dark rum and bourbon in them. Or is that just the US influenced variation?

Ah... it was about this time many years ago that someone introduced me to that Jack-Daniels-and-coffee combo. My life has never been the same since. Yep, brought a whole new meaning to the term "hot toddy" indeed. :wacko::D

My life's not been the same, either, since joining Brian's Forums just 1+ years ago. Whatta great ride and whatta nice crowd. Certainly keeping company HERE has been the greatest... AND (importantly) THE FUNNIEST!! This has got to be The-All-Time-Standup-Comedians'-Forum. And you know how I feel about humor!! :wub: :wub:

And for those of you who get easily offended by "garden-variety" greetings, I found this little gem on another website.

Quote:

From me (hereafter to be identified as "the Wisher") to you (hereafter to be identified as "the Wishee")

Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the new year holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I wish you a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2004, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that:

i. This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.

ii. This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

iii. This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes or other expressed or implied covenants relating to the wishee.

This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor. This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, or a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor. Any statements in this or other greetings or related communications from or by the wishor that contain reference to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Savior", "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer", "Santa" or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

:Unquote

Happy Holidays All

Jeffro, you might say a little prayer that Santa brings you the Pimp Grips this year...

Tightloop,

I HAVE the "pimpgrips", they are still at the silversmith awaiting removal of a dent. He is going to do them at "his leisure". I hope he finishes them in my lifetime!!!! :P:rolleyes:

Best to ya',

Jeffro (Jeff)