Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First days shooting for ROs and shoot throughs is done. Heading for the sack now to be out there again at 7 in the AM. Even with five Mikes and numerous brain farts, this was agreat match. Lost track of the number of friends and acquaintenances that I saw again today and the new friends and acquaintences I made today. That makes it all worthwhile. Hope everyone enjoys the match and for those that did not come or could not get in, be here next year. We are only going to get better. See you on the range.

Shot my Sunday stages on Friday and drove home this evening. It was a great match and good to see everyone again.

I just wish for another shot at Stage 5! Shot the large popper at the end and heard it hit, but the bullet had hit a no-shoot and wall and deflected to the bottom of the popper. It took ~5 seconds before I realized that the clamshell wasn't activating due to the popper still standing (couldn't see popper & clamshell at the same time through the port). It was a great stage (design) - I just managed to really screw it up. Oh well, better luck next time.

Thank you very much to John Heiter, RO's, vendors, & everyone else who make this such a great (and growing) match every year. :cheers:

Edited by chemepharmd

If somebody can let me know how I did once the final scores come up, that would be awesome. I'm sitting here at work right now wondering (had to shoot through on Friday due to work). I know John will get the scores on uspsa later today, but the suspense is killing me. I was hoping for a top 5 in production...

Thanks guys,

West Chandler

If somebody can let me know how I did once the final scores come up, that would be awesome. I'm sitting here at work right now wondering (had to shoot through on Friday due to work). I know John will get the scores on uspsa later today, but the suspense is killing me. I was hoping for a top 5 in production...

Thanks guys,

West Chandler

I did the same thing, also had to work Sunday.... and then of course its raining like hell here so we got rained out. Oh well had a great time and my 2nd MS Classic was as good as my first.

The match is over but the memories are great! Fantastic Match and thank you to all who worked the match to make it another memorable experience.

Congrats to Team Rudy Shooter Blake Miguez on Winning Limited!

Shout out to my squad mates this year you people made the match extremely fun to shoot this year!!

Just got back to the house from the MS Classic. As usual, we had a great crowd of shooters come to our match. Don"t remember how all the other divisions did, but I got the old man trophy in Revolver. :rolleyes:

I am sure John will have the final results up tonight, but if he does not, cut him some slack. He has worked like a mule since the match was first announced and probably needs about 48 hours of straight sleep and rest just to get to the point only being tired.

For everyone who shot the match, please let us know how it was. All comments are welcome, good, bad, or indifferent. We are always looking for ways to improve.

Thanks to all our vendors and competitors for coming. Without you this would not be a happening thing.

Hope to see you all next year, and bring a friend.

Hope to see you all next year, and bring a friend.

Heck it was already maxed out this year, if we bring friends then one of us might not be able to shoot it next year ;)

Just saw the results. Came out a little better than I thought.

I thoroughly enjoyed the match. John runs a great match. You'll get no complaints from me. I'll keep coming back as long as my work schedule will allow.

For everyone who shot the match, please let us know how it was. All comments are welcome, good, bad, or indifferent. We are always looking for ways to improve.

I only have 1 concern. No matter how much we enjoy this match, let's not talk it up too much, or we'll have to get on a waiting list next year :surprise: .

For the record.

I did NOT have to buy any beers for John.

BUT

I will gladly get him a few for the AWESOME match he keeps putting together !!!!!

COOL drinks on me John.

HOP

Oh, and Congratulations to my Fiancee Elizabeth Peeler on her High Lady Production title !!! (in only her second Major match) :bow::bow::bow:

Does anyone have any video of the top 3 or 4 shooters in single stack on any of the stages? Those would be Johnny Brister, Joel Senia, and Brian Dolly. I’d like to compare how they shot the stages verses how I shot them.

post-7294-127411021608_thumb.jpg

Squad 1 had to be one of the most enjoyable squads I've ever shot with. cheers.gif There was hardly a moment without laughter for two days.roflol.gif

Match was great, thanks to all the staff!!

Thanks to the sponors who donated so generously!!

John,

Thank you and your staff for another great match. Great MD,stages,RO's,and prize table. I also want to thank all the sponsors. Peggy and I really enjoyed it. We will be back. Hope to see you at the Gator in Oct.

Peggy and Forrest

post-7294-127411021608_thumb.jpg

Squad 1 had to be one of the most enjoyable squads I've ever shot with. cheers.gif There was hardly a moment without laughter for two days.roflol.gif

Match was great, thanks to all the staff!!

Thanks to the sponors who donated so generously!!

Was all of that laughter at or with Teddy? :-)

All I can say is..... WOW. :goof:

I think I can speak for Danny & Doc when I say Stage 7 thoroughly enjoyed the match! I think we only had to remind folks to paste ONE time this year. :surprise: Seems like a small thing but makes a huge difference. Everyone that came through our stage was super fun and seemed to have a good time. It was a great time!

There is so much that goes into one of these matches, it never ceases to amaze me. John does a great job of keeping all of us 'helpers' focused and in the right direction. It's awesome how smooth is seems to run. It is a pleasure to work with such a group as this! Oh.... and hats off to Matt Moorer!! Mr. Fixit.

The only thing I would change (but not possible and keep things moving enough to complete the match) would be to have a little more time with each squad coming through to visit and get to know them. The little that I did get to visit with everyone was great!! :cheers: I really enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing some familiar faces as well.

Can't wait to see ya'll next year.

Sincerely,

The tall, bald headed, ear ring wearin', winder likkin', kilt wearin, cigar smokin' RO.

Range is clear!!

Edited by MrClean

Another great Mississippi Classic is in the books and boy was it a good time. We shot on one of the best squads ever, filled with the nicest, most incredible people I have ever shot with. They alone would have made the match a memorable experience for Susan and I. The stages were constructed well with moderate challenges and some exciting twists. Everything was pretty much straight forward and no target was out of reach for anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed the CoF and look forward to returning next year.

Prize table, staff, and accommodations were above par. Never have I attended a match before that the match staff actually hired the local sheriffs office to pull security duty at the match hotel during the evening hours. John Heiter and crew did an outstanding job and they were very helpful, to include fixing tires with bolts in them for traveling match attendees at no charge (thanks again John!).

I could go on and on with example after example of why this is a "must attend" match. We'll be back for sure!

Thanks go out to the staff and match sponsors that support the match and make it all that it is. :cheers:

Above all, I like going places and hanging out with USPSA/IPSC shooters, but this weekend was outstanding. Between the squad I was on (#1! The Supper Squad) and the stages, I haven’t had that much fun in a real long time. All the other folks I got to see and meet were icing on the cake.

Bobby (kgunz11) made a great observation to me at the match, basically saying how the stages “flowed comfortably” (I don't think those were his exact words but it captured the gist for me).

You could choose your speed and risk factor on most/all but the Classifier and the Standards. Very freestyle, and very fun. If I was willing to take the chance there was hardly anything that made me move choppy or fidgity. There were lots of chances to be bold and run-n-gun. That, and the ego-bettin' we were doing between various members of our squad, put who won what class or division elsewhere in the match in the back seat for me. The battles were right there amongst us and they went back and forth. **No offense meant to the class or division winners. I'm sorry you weren’t lucky enough to shoot with us, but, better luck next time...

:lol:

Next time I see an ad for something that claims to “Fun and Exciting”, I won’t be able to help comparing it to this match. And nowhere else I know of yet has Chicken-On-A-Stick (batter-dipped, staked, and fried with pickles and onions). Make all the jokes you want to about hardening of the arteries, but that stuff is good!

This was better than going to a good county fair. Make no mistake.....I like a good county fair.

I want to add my two cents to Bwana Six-Gun and Window Licker to tell eveyone what a great week(end) we had at the 2010 Mississippi Classic.

For those of you not fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to work with and for John Heiter putting on a match - let me tell you what a fantastic experience it is. John is the "REAL DEAL" when it comes to getting it done with the least time and energy expended and making it look effortless. But don't let him fool you! The reason it appears that way is all his hard work at laying the ground work and then putting it together! I just can't think of enough good things to say about him. If he wasn't here, the Mississippi Classic wouldn't be what it is! Haley Barber doesn't know it, but John Heiter is a one man economic stimulaus package! John - We love ya man!

For those who were too late to get in the match - I echo Bwana's advice to register early! We would love to expand the match - but just can't get the logistics to work out with more shooters and range logistics.... We discuss it about three times a year, but just can't come up with a solution... As it stands now, Friday's shoot for the RO's and the gotta shoot early's has grown to be almost a full match in itself.

To the competitors: Thanks for a lot of good times on Stage 4, good fellowship on the range, and patient understanding with squads stacking up while we tried to overcome the speed of the Chrono bunch at sending squads down range.... (Although they did go through quite a few sky screens this match....) We all learn by having the opportunity to see each and every one of you display your talents! The most disciplined trigger control I witnessed was by a Junior shooter! He is gonna move up FAST! And his little brother is hot on his heels!

To the RO's, staff and vendors: Thanks for all the help at making this a great experience for all the shooters and visitors. We couldn't do it without your support!

We had a great time and look forward to next year! And I can't tell you how "Window Licker" got his name...

"Special Ed...."