Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi Classic

Match Dates:

May 14th*, 15th, and 16th

Friday the 14th is for RO's, Vendors, and limited shoot through's only

The main match is a 1 1/2 day match shot on Saturday and Sunday.

Match Format:

10 stages, 250+ rounds

Latest Ed. of USPSA rulebook

Match Website:

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/

Awards:

Plaques and Cash Awards based on order of finish and division participation

Prizes by random drawing (must be present to win)

Match Fee:

$120 ($145 after 5/8)

Ladies and Juniors shoot for half price

Match Director:

John Heiter

Range Master:

Lloyd Landry

Match Hotel:

Holiday Inn Express - Byram

For reservations call (601) 346-8118

Mention the "Mississippi Shooting Classic"

Alternative Lodging:

We do allow RV camping on the range property if you are interested in staying with us but be warned that we have very limited (practically zero) power/water connections,

I guess that's about it but if you can think of any other questions, please feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks,

John Heiter

Match Director

2010 Mississippi Classic

Edited by John Heiter

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Hotel:

Holiday Inn Express - Byram

For reservations call (601) 346-8118

Mention the "Mississippi Shooting Classic"

I just talked to a very nice girl at the hotel desk. They are in the process of loading the Group Rate into their system and by tonight we should be able to book online, using Group Code "MSC".

Hi Gang,

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the match.

Hotels:

I went ahead and established a second block of special rate rooms at the Comfort Inn. This is in addition to the block reserved at the Holiday Inn Express. Just thought we might need a few more this year to make sure we can accommodate everyone and we now have the luxury of having multiple hotels to choose from very close to the range. I'm talking hearing the shooting from your room close. Information on both hotels as well as applications and everything else can be found on the match website at http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/

Match Entries:

We're getting lots of applications in and they started coming in earlier this year than I've ever seen which is nice. One interesting thing I just noticed is that that 20% of the entries so far have been from female shooters. Don't know if that means there are more women in USPSA now, or that our discounted rates for ladies and juniors are working, or just that ladies are more organized and get their entries in earlier. Whatever it is I hope it continues.

Link to Calendar Entry:

This is kind of a test

Looking forward to seeing everyone in May.

John

Edited by John Heiter

OK, Guys and Gals, where are all the wheel-gunners? This is one of the most heavily attended matches for revolver shooters in the south-east and maybe in the country. I'm not seeing a lot of you guys signing in. Let's get those wheel-gun entries in. I don't want to be on my lonesome here. :roflol:

OK, Guys and Gals, where are all the wheel-gunners? This is one of the most heavily attended matches for revolver shooters in the south-east and maybe in the country. I'm not seeing a lot of you guys signing in. Let's get those wheel-gun entries in. I don't want to be on my lonesome here. :roflol:

I think you scared them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to bump this back to the top. We had our first work night tonight and selected the stages for the match. Two Short courses, three Medium, and four long plus a classifier TBD and Chrono. Don't recall the actual round count, but I expect it to be 200+.

Make your plans now and get those registrations in quickly. Last year we nearly had to turn people away.

look forward to seeing lots of BENOS members there.

Time to bump this back to the top. We had our first work night tonight and selected the stages for the match. Two Short courses, three Medium, and four long plus a classifier TBD and Chrono. Don't recall the actual round count, but I expect it to be 200+.

Make your plans now and get those registrations in quickly. Last year we nearly had to turn people away.

look forward to seeing lots of BENOS members there.

:cheers:

I'm bringing my Wellies this year just in case the mud is as heavy as last year... On our last stage of the match, we had 1 person lose a shoe, 1 DQ for falling (and breaking 180) after his foot got stuck in the mud, and a whole group of muddy people. It was fun, but would've been much more enjoyable with proper footwear! ;)

Let me know if they didn't get their shoe back and I'll work out some sort of discounted entry fee for them this year. We're not totally heartless. ;) We actually talked about that bay at the meeting last night. We're hoping to have the "mud bay" footing issues fixed up before this year's match.

I remember that stage. When I walked up to the stage and saw Doc (CRO for the stage) in shrimp boots, I knew there would be problems. This was the stage where my son chose to clean his mags. After the spring went flying into the bog, we spent 10 minutes dragging our fingers through the puddles looking for the spring. Don't worry about discounted entry fees, John, we found the spring.

Let me know if they didn't get their shoe back and I'll work out some sort of discounted entry fee for them this year. We're not totally heartless. ;) We actually talked about that bay at the meeting last night. We're hoping to have the "mud bay" footing issues fixed up before this year's match.

No worries, John, all ended well. And I'm not too worried about the "mud bay" footing this year- I'll be sporting Hot Pink w/ Leopard spot wellies. I'm a little worried though they will clash w/ my red/white/blue Freedom Gunworks jersey! :D

Looking forward to a great match- counting down the weeks!

Susan