Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flying with two guns

I looked, but couldn't find my specific question. If I missed it, sorry.

If I fly with two guns in an aluminum case, one gun on each side, do I need two individual firearms declaration cards? In other words, does each gun, on each side of the case, need its own card?

Just trying to make sure.

Thanks,

Gary

If you are talking about the orange card the airlines put in...When I fly with all the guns in one case-the airline rep puts one card in the case. I think it just means they verified it's unloaded. Sometimes they don't look. They just have me sign the card and stick it in. I have never gotten two cards for one suitcase . Each case needs a card. Hope that helps. The TSA just xrays and/or looks-they don't put a card in.

In my experience it varies from airline to airline.

On one flight I had four pistols in a double sided case and only had one card - on other flights it was per case/side.

TSA website might have info.

+1 on checking with the different airlines. I regularly fly with three different carriers and all three have slightly different policy. I would call the airline you are flying with. Also, different airports tend to handle you differently even within the same carrier. (i.e. - Flying out of DFW is no big deal, but flying back from Indy seems as if I am treated like a criminal!)

Good Luck!

Kyle

Edited by DocMcG

All the times I've flown, I take two guns in the same case and have had to complete 1 card.

It depends on the agent checking you in, one made me sign 2 cards, one for the guns and one for the ammo (happened only that one time) :wacko:

I usually travel with two guns and have always received only one card.

The other thing I always do is remove the slides from the frame. I had to rack the slides on two guns in the middle of a crowded airport the first time I traveled with guns to demonstrate they were unloaded. Made me really uncomfortable. You never know when security personnel will see this from across the room and get excited. With the slide off it's easy to show they are unloaded although not many gate agents would know the difference.

Edited by kmitchl