Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slots For Us Nationals

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have things in pretty good shape.

A couple of glitches:

(1) The "Check Status" was broken - the long list which appears in the previous posting was a result of me trying to get a fix up quickly. And no, you can't infer any ordering from that list as that bit of SQL did not contain an "ORDER BY" directiive.

(2) The "duplicate check" was broken. Combined with #1, this resulted in 9 people submitting duplicate entries to the waitlist. Since our charge card processing system does a batch submission sometime in the middle of the night, I was able to manually identify these duplicates (same person on the waiting list twice for the same match) and void out the second charge. Since I got this before the "settlement" time, these folks won't even see the extra charge on their statement.

Please check you status now, and email any problems to "rob@boudrie.com".

Also, I would appreciate it if the moderator or person who posted that long status list edit it out of that posting.

FYI - As of 3AM EDT, we have 64 signups on the Ltd/Prod/Rev waitlist and 51 on the Open/L10 waitllist.

Any idea when notification is supposed to take place? I'd like to start making travel plans ASAP. Heck, I signed up a few seconds after midnight, I should probably just go ahead and book the room and airline tickets. What do you think?

Rob,

I gotta tell ya, you are THE MAN!!!!

Everything worked great. Yeah, I know some are going to saw something about the "check status" not working at first, but you diagnosed it, and fixed it right away. You even took the second slot request out if someone duplicated it, (like me). Thank you very much, excellent job.

BTW,

I signed up at 12:01:56 AM EDT. Can you tell me how many are in front of me? I signed up pretty fast as you can see (about one minute after it started), Im just curious.

Thanks Rob, great job.

Well, hello there.

Please don't email me your requests if you've already submitted a request on the website. My inbox is literally overloaded. I noticed it when I walked by and saw my computer smoking. :blink:

Likewise, if you've emailed me a request INSTEAD of putting your request in through the wait list form please go there and do it that way instead as it is the proper procedure for requesting a slot.

I promise I'll start making calls as soon as is humanly possible, so I'd appreciate it if all of you emailing me to say, "I just put my name on the wait list, now when will I get a call and/or slot?" will just hang in there and not do that as well.

It's not that I don't love hearing from you all, it's just that my inbox is feeling a bit stressed at the moment. Holy carp, that's a lot of email. :/

Thanks a bunch!

Kim

:(

nothing works for cc verification:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '\"' in /home/uspsa/public_html/waitlist/wait_put.php on line 133

Detlef

This was all due to a misplaced quote. In any case, this error occurred AFTER the data was processed, so we got the entries. I went through and removed the duplicates which resulted from multiple attempts so charge cards will only be hit with one $20per shooter fee. Everything is in good shape, no loss of data, and your place in the queue is based on the time of the original submission.

I will try to talk to Sedro today and get an idea of how many slots there are on the waiting list, so I may (emphasis may) be able to have some statement as to the liklihood of accomodating everyone one who signed up in the first 24 hours.

I am not getting into "what number are you on the queue", since it's a support nightmare to handle that info - and that's really HQ's call, not mine.

Ok, here's one to ponder...

For 2006, would it be better to have a "magic hour" like we did this year, or a system in which all persons who sign up on the waiting list in the first 24 hours have an equal chance, and which would allow people to submit a "group" entry so that a set of shoting buddies would be processed at the same place in line.

It would replace speed at keybord and availability at one particular time with the luck of the draw.

What say you?

I've got 12:01:42!

I got 12:00:31 (open)

Although we not giving out detailsed reports on order, I will report that Paul wins high Ltd/Open waitlist placement. We don't combine matches, but if we did, he would not have taken high overall. If the winner of First Ltd/Prod/Rev wants to step forward, you'll know it'syou by a timestamp of 12:00:24 on your signup.

For 2006, would it be better to have a "magic hour" like we did this year, or a system in which all persons who sign up on the waiting list in the first 24 hours have an equal chance,

Luck of the draw...nah, screw that. Freestyle problem solving is what we are all about. :) The shooter that makes the effort to know when to sign up, and see to it that they are on a good computer at the time...they should get the slot.

Luck of the draw...nah, screw that.  Freestyle problem solving is what we are all about.  :)    The shooter that makes the effort to know when to sign up, and see to it that they are on a good computer at the time...they should get the slot.

I agree. As long as the date/time is posted well in advance, those who "really" want a slot will go to the extra effort to be online at that time.

Unless they are driving 800 miles back from a match like me. :(

I do however agree though.

You can always ask someone to enter your details for you if you were away from a computer.... I did that for someone who does not have internet access. I like the current system, but then I'm number one on the Open List... :rolleyes:

I spoke to Kim at USPSA yesterday for an update, and got this info:

1). It's going to be a few days before Sedro starts making phone calls. They opening of the waiting list coincided with the deadling for returning slots. Sedro has to inventory all returned slots; record and process all slots mailed in; reserve slots which were paid for by phone prior to the deadline and cancel slots which were sent out, but were not returned. Once this is done, they will know how many they have and will start making the phone calls.

2). Please do not email or call HQ just to ask the status of your waitlist request, or when they will start making calls. I'll give you the answers here:

a. The status is what you see when you check your waitlist entry on the uspsa web page.

b. Calls will start when they have the items in #1 done. The more time they spend answering email and calls about this issue, the less time they have to get ready to start making the calls.

3). If there is a problem with your waitlist entry (ie, what you see when checking status on the web does not match what you think it should be), email kim@uspsa.org with a copy to rob@boudrie.com. Although USPSA does not want to get a boadload of calls for additional info they do not have, this does not mean they are not available to assist members with legitimate problems.

Rob

My husband signed me up while I was at ladies camp and the payment method wouldn't let him put his name on the credit card payment, only mine....hence he had to re-submit moving me down a few places I'm sure....But he swears it didn't take more than a minute. I was worried when I saw the transaction number (huge!).