Profile Information

• Real Name
    James Domenico

Recent Profile Visitors

4,511 profile views

Boomstick303's Achievements

Back From the Dead

Back From the Dead (11/11)

1. To my understanding he is finishing up the guns he has in his que and he is done. I heard this second hand so it could be incorrect.
  2. I ran one on my GMR15 before I received my JP5. I liked the system and it did help reduce dot movement a bit. It does take some time to setup for your particular setup but I think it is worth it.
  3. Second OTTO. The best I have bought by far and I have bought many.
  4. There are already many rule set in play for Rifle competitions. PCSL, UML, etc. A lot of them seem to already operate under some sort of outlaw format/ruleset. USPSA is what it is, already has a Rifle, shotgun and multigun Rulebook as stated above and I do not see anyone really adopting their rules set for single Rifle matches for whatever reason. I shoot a bit of AR pattern type Rifle matches and using USPSA Rifle Rulebook is not a thing or discussed as being a ruleset. Mind you this might just apply in my local area. As mentioned above if you are interested in finding a carbine, battle rifle, or any rifle match just look up matches in Practiscore. If there are not any in your immediate area look into starting one yourself. It may seem daunting, but if you have 3 Gun matches or USPSA matches at ranges in your area, maybe you can work with existing clubs to get it off the ground. That is what I did. I started 2 Gun matches in our area when there really was not a dedicated 2 Gun match to participate in. That match turns out 50-80 shooters every match when they are held. PCC is not going anywhere and will stay in USPSA.
  5. No, not on any of the 4 Diamond triggers I own. All of them can be dialed down below 2 lbs.. I do not care to dial them below 2 because the bump fire issue becomes very relevant. Maybe a question for Trigger Tech. I would reach out to them.
  6. I run a 12.5" gun for PCSL matches that run out to 200 yds with a red dot and 3X magnifier. It makes most shots I need to make and typically without the 3 x magnifier. If I feel the plates at 200 yds might be a little small I will pull out the 16" with the 1x6 LPVO, but with more training I feel confident I could run the 12.5" gun for all PCSL matches. In other words it is not the gun, it is me holding the guns accuracy back. The 12.5" rocks for the infield stages and more than holds its own out to 200 yds.
  7. 147 gr work fine with the 80 degree lock piece. I would not use Polymer bullets with any PCC with longer barrels as you will see a lot of leading on the comp. The JP5 is a roller delayed system, not a blowback system, so I am not sure if you are referring to a different gun or the JP5, regarding the polymer bullet question. In any system Roller Delay, blowback, poly bullets work fine, but you will run into leading issues with longer barrels.
  8. My current 2011s will stand up on their own loaded or unloaded, and if they do not stipulate flat, I will most certainly "Prop" it up as they will stand on their own just for this reason.
  9. Exactly. If you have no interest in working on things, i.e. you are looking for someone to fix stuff for you rather than figuring it our yourself, reloading is not for you. If you are irritated by stuff not always working when you want it to, reloading is not for you. If you have a hard time with attention to detail, reloading is not for you. If you are averse to any of these things, automated reloading is definitely not for you.
  10. When I first started shooting I was chasing that soft shooting ammo, bullet weight, bs. It was a complete waste of time. Find a load your gun likes, i.e. runs the gun and is accurate Tune the gun if necessary and learn how to shoot. I have also found certain guns run better with faster ammo. Some guns hate slow bullets. The SIG P320's stock barrel hates slow ammo. Accuracy was horrid. It was not until I sped the bullets up to at least 1050 fps before the accuracy started to get dialed in. As the bullet sped up the barrel became more accurate. So many people wanted to run 147 gr bullets slow chasing that Mouse Fart load only to find out they guns accuracy was horrendous. Accuracy of the gun is way more important that the PF. A benefit from a proper grip will allow some grace when mashing the trigger.
  11. That may be the case. It is probably one of the many reasons most of the membership is made up of C and B class shooters. Grip is one of my issues regardless the power of the ammo.
  12. Dots / Slide mounted optics should be considered as a consumable. Buy one from a company that has a robust warranty. I just received a new Romeo 3 Max from Sig, when the glass cracked. I did not have to send the unit back. They asked for the serial number made me send pictures and submitted a warranty claim. I did not have to provide receipts or proof I registered the product for warranty. I received a new optic within 2 weeks. I understand that personal experiences shape our opinions on any product. SROs have been one of the most robust dots around. I am curious is you are shutting down the optic after every time you are done using it? Buttons seem to be a weak point on many dots. For this reason I never shut them down. I try to handle the buttons as least as possible. I have three SROs that are all over 3 years old and have thousands of rounds on them with zero issues. At the end of the day, the all fail at some time and point. Finding ones that honor their warranty is the Key. Trijicon, Sig, Leupold, Vortex all seem to have great warranties. Some take a long time to turn around the optic. Trijicon and Leupold seem to have the longest lead times for warranty work/replacement. It is a good idea to have a complete backup gun, but at a minimum a backup optic. Good luck in your search.
  13. The only issue with height over bore regarding optics is not understanding the concept and not training appropriately. My AR rifles have a rather high height over bore, but it is never an issue in that I understand how to use the optic in different target presentations. Its not really a thing. Open gun optics are high obviously due to the frame mounted optic. Any slide mounted optic will obviously be lower than a frame mounted one. In my eyes this whole push for optics to be lower / have low height over bore profile is a marketing thing and/or a personal preference. Nothing more really. As @shred mentioned if you are using many different platforms, consistency of your sight presentation could be an issue, but with a little training it really is not much of a thing. At least for me. I jump back and forth between PCC, AR and pistol platforms all of which have noticeably different height of bore POI (point of impact) on target at various distances, but I never have to think about making adjustments where to aim, as it has become an automatic adjustment by my vision/brain, to hit the target where I need to. Part of your walkthrough should be where you intend to aim at each target and should be a part of the programming when running the stage through your head before you shoot. Meaning if I have a no-shoot covering most of the A-Zone with a gun/optic with a rather high height over bore at close range, I know I need to aim for the neck area with the optic. Thus, aiming high enough to miss the no-shoot. Again training is a component.
  14. I doubt this will be exclusively one man shops that go this route. Atlas, has already ditched Open before LO was announced. I cannot imagine how any of them did any kind of warranty work once clueless people started messing with the gun after delivery.