Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci

Merlin Orr

Hello folks ....... I dont think that the mag extensions are in the usa. But i could be wrong. I live in the uk, so getting them is not that differcult. There is three made a 5,7and 9 round extension tube. The one i got was the 7 round one. I then made a perspex extension on that to make it a 10 round mag. You could get in contact with GMK and try them. If you buy a vinci, you WILL sell your m2!!!!!!!

Thank you! I figured my M2 would become my backup gun :cheers:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, Jeff Cramblit, or Benelli2 as he is known on this forum made his own about eight months ago and it may well be worth dropping him a line about how he did it before you start trying to ship stuff individually from the UK. If that fails, then give me a PM and I can see if the UK arms exporters I am buddys with can ship a bunch out to Kurt or Trapr.

Any word on whether Benelli will offer the Vinci in 21" or 24" barrel lengths? There are calls from turkey hunters for these lengths on other forums, so it's not just the small 3-gun market that's got demand for these.

Also, @BenelliPump, it would help us greatly if you could post part numbers for these mag extensions (or at least the one you own) online. Even if we can't yet order them here across the pond, it'll help us in searching for sources now and in the future.

Thanks very much!

Edited by dchang0

Ok im working on the part numbers right now!!! Keep you posted. I thought about making a tube for mine. But the way the front bit clicks in is a bit of a bugger, it freely turns to allow the trigger mech to come off. That would also mean that you will end up with two tubes that need to be married up inside the button!!!

Ok im working on the part numbers right now!!! Keep you posted. I thought about making a tube for mine. But the way the front bit clicks in is a bit of a bugger, it freely turns to allow the trigger mech to come off. That would also mean that you will end up with two tubes that need to be married up inside the button!!!

• 2 months later...

Bump - I might be getting a Vinci in a trade and I've shot Jeff a Facebook message.

Dyno, if you do get the Vinci, let us know about the extended tube for it.

Unfortunately one wouldn't happen without the other. :lol:

I've found a person interested in trading one for a Saiga but the only way I'd consider it is if I could use it for 3-Gun (Not happening unless I'd be able to get an 8-9 round tube).

I'll post back here if I hear something from JC though.

Edited by DyNo!

Hi guys,

well good news & bad news. It is possible to make these, I did it, though it is a pain in the ass, and requires removing some parts that they did not design to be removed, I have tried to buy those straight from Benelli so I could install on a tube I could have made through Nordic. It is not allowed for Benelli to import the longer mag tubes into the US though. The Vinci is a great shooting gun, I had my barrel shortened and rechoked, works great, trigger is great, loads good. the mag tube is the hard point, I think making the tube is the easy part but as noted the locking hardware that mounts on the tube that hooks the lower reciever to the barrel is the hardest part.

After the Ar15.com/ Rockcastle Pro AM is over I may re-explore taking it into a limited production, but my hands are full until then, but know that it is possible, there is also a chap in new Zealand that makes (modifies/ extends your)a mag tube but you have to send him yours. I am also going to check to see what a factory tube assembly would cost as well that would be another way to get there, but however it is probably going to cost much more than our regular tubers for awhile until it hits mainstream manufacturing

jc

Mikey, you know what I want for christmas now

• 2 months later...

Finally, after a lot of Googling, I found photos of the factory Benelli Vinci 5, 7, and 9 round tubes:

post-23598-0-77005400-1317603226_thumb.j

It's from this Russian site:

http://fastmarksman.ru/1_pyt/2_ryje_16.php

Definitely looks like, as benelli2 said, that we can make our own extended tubes by transferring parts.

Would be awesome to have a 24" with the 9-round tube--should be pretty close to flush!

EDIT:

Found a better image:

post-23598-0-83335700-1317620551_thumb.p

This is from the Italian Benelli site. http://www.benellivinci.it/newsite/it/node/21

Edited by dchang0

AWESOME, Tim!

The Vinci just made my shopping list on your news. Hopefully, there will be an 8-shell tube that can take a +1 on the end as well as a 9-shell tube for those of us who plan on running open or running 24" barrels.

Oh, and please try to make the tubes as close to 1.000" as possible. Had a hard time finding a light mount that would fit onto the existing Nordic M2 tubes. I figure since the Vinci likely warrants a redesign, might as well ask now for something that's going to be compatible with all the light mounts and other clamps out there.

Edited by dchang0

AWESOME, Tim!

The Vinci just made my shopping list on your news. Hopefully, there will be an 8-shell tube that can take a +1 on the end as well as a 9-shell tube for those of us who plan on running open or running 24" barrels.

Oh, and please try to make the tubes as close to 1.000" as possible. Had a hard time finding a light mount that would fit onto the existing Nordic M2 tubes. I figure since the Vinci likely warrants a redesign, might as well ask now for something that's going to be compatible with all the light mounts and other clamps out there.

Nice try.... :D

We'll be using our aluminum tubes, use our clamp and tac rail.....the flashlights fit just fine.

Nice try.... :D

We'll be using our aluminum tubes, use our clamp and tac rail.....the flashlights fit just fine.

LOL--well, then, I have a product improvement suggestion. Please add protective inserts inside the Nordic barrel clamp so that they don't scrape the camo finish off of the barrel.

That happened to me. Within five shots there were big bald spots on both sides of my M2's barrel. I came up with the idea of using small pieces of bicycle inner tube to protect the barrel, but it's ugly. Insight used some sort of polymer film sticker inside of their aluminum light mount that's surprisingly tough and heat resistant. You could probably use the same stuff on your clamps.

Might also make it so that the clamp stays put easier, thereby not shifting the POI.

Edited by dchang0