Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli Vinci

Merlin Orr

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mel,

There was a topic on this before, and I had mentioned about the empty tube being able to come off and switched with a loaded one......I was wrong on that point. The gun must be taken apart to do that....oops!!!

Anyways, I did shoot one.....personally....it is NOT a traditionally feeling shotgun. You pistol grippers might like it as it has a sudo-quasi-maybe so-not quite pistol grip. This was the single most thing I hated. They took the recoild spring out of the stock and made a butt stock that is pretty much used for trap shooting or sporting clays. Recoil wise, pretty much on par with an M2, maybe a little less.....seemed not to rise as much though. For 3gun....the safety is in an well, interesting position, you could get use to it. Don't expect any extension tubes in the near future for it. Bolt release as it is.....is not too fast, but has some major potential in the aftermarket work for buttons or levers.

Hey Mel,

There was a topic on this before, and I had mentioned about the empty tube being able to come off and switched with a loaded one......I was wrong on that point. The gun must be taken apart to do that....oops!!!

Anyways, I did shoot one.....personally....it is NOT a traditionally feeling shotgun. You pistol grippers might like it as it has a sudo-quasi-maybe so-not quite pistol grip. This was the single most thing I hated. They took the recoild spring out of the stock and made a butt stock that is pretty much used for trap shooting or sporting clays. Recoil wise, pretty much on par with an M2, maybe a little less.....seemed not to rise as much though. For 3gun....the safety is in an well, interesting position, you could get use to it. Don't expect any extension tubes in the near future for it. Bolt release as it is.....is not too fast, but has some major potential in the aftermarket work for buttons or levers.

I thought the more nearly straight to the rear recoil impulse might be a plus for the way we shoot. (as fast as we can pull the trigger :devil: ) I was really hoping that the M2 tube would fit this gun..

I would give one a try if I could fit a tube on it.

I looked at one this past weekend at a sporting clays match. According to the dealer, Benelli built the gun because it comes down easily for travel. The gun has a very comfortable stock and about as much of a pistol grip as you might find in a traditional stock. There is no way the magazine tube extensions currently on the market are going to fit but that is not an impossible problem by any means since if there is a market, someone will build it. The gun is light and points very well. They did not have a try gun so I did not shoot it.

The bright news is that the lifter is much improved and it appears that it will fit the M2 or SBE. I hope that we will see this lifter on the M2 and SBE.

I looked at one a week or so ago, and the way the owner talked, Benelli is making longer magazine tubes. I don't know if that is true or not, but by the way the gun is put together, pulling one mag tube off and putting a longer one on wouldn't take more than a few seconds.

I looked at one a week or so ago, and the way the owner talked, Benelli is making longer magazine tubes. I don't know if that is true or not, but by the way the gun is put together, pulling one mag tube off and putting a longer one on wouldn't take more than a few seconds.

Yes....they are, I believe a 7 round......but not for the US market.

Hmmm... Might be time to call one on my shooting buds in the EU and see if I can score one...?

If you make the call see if you can get them to throw a couple of the new style lifters in the box for me. :D

Charles... You are firing on all cylinders.... Great idea for sure. I will do just that.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Vinci about two weeks ago and took it out to shoot 5 stand and about 150 rounds of wobble trap. I am not that great of a shot in that arena, but with the Vinci I shot the best score I have ever shot: 20 out of 25 with a modified choke tube.

The Vinci simply points perfectly, even better than the M2, which in my opnion was the fisrt gun to rival the old Browning A5 with respect to pointability and the way it fit me. The Vinci is lighter overall while still maintaining good balance. It kicks less than the M2 in my opinion and has less muzzle flip. No way to quantify, but the reduction is noticeable.

The safety location is horrible and it is very stiff. For this reason alone, the M2 will still be my work horse and all around gun. However, in the duck blind, the new Vinci will get the nod.

The break down feature may be nice, i would not know. My gun is so tight that I cannot get the barrel and reciever off of the stock. Maybe after it has been taken down a few times it will get easier.

hope this helps.

HINT ---------- -Would it not be great ==========HINT++++++++++++ if Benelli $$$$$$$$$$$$$ sponsored a side match >>>>>>>>>>>>> at Ft Benning <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< HINT ############# and provided this gun for us to use in the side match !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HINT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA He said Benelli and sponsor in the same sentence :roflol::roflol::roflol: KurtM

And those who fail to dream never achieve.......

We also have to recognize that calls from the US Army are handled differenly than those from others who host matches. Just go tell Sgt Hampton not to try and see what happens.

I have dreamed, as Capitan of the U.S. Standard shotgun team, as a match director and as one of their biggest proponents...to no avail, but I am glad to see others pick up the torch! KurtM

I have dreamed, as Capitan of the U.S. Standard shotgun team, as a match director and as one of their biggest proponents...to no avail, but I am glad to see others pick up the torch! KurtM

Based on what you post here you sell a ton of guns for them. Surely someone on their staff pays attention. Maybe you need to buy a couple of reams of paper, print it out and send it in to them. No joke. They need to know.

• 1 year later...

I have had a vinci since january. I got it with a 7 round extension. Its lighter, faster, softer recoil, than the m2. I have even put an extension on the extension, making it a 10+ 1 now. You can take it a apart really easily for maintenance. I have never enjoyed a shooter more. The only mod i have had to was dremmel out the loading slot into the mag!!!!

To update the earlier exchange between myself and Kurt on this thread: Benelli did sign on as a sponsor of the BLue Ridge this year and they are now sponsoring shooters. IMO, Andy closed the deal after Sgt Hampton opened the door as a result of ground work laid by Kurt. Good job everyone.

I have had a vinci since january. I got it with a 7 round extension. Its lighter, faster, softer recoil, than the m2. I have even put an extension on the extension, making it a 10+ 1 now. You can take it a apart really easily for maintenance. I have never enjoyed a shooter more. The only mod i have had to was dremmel out the loading slot into the mag!!!!

So are the extended tubes now readily available in the U.S. ??

Hello folks ....... I dont think that the mag extensions are in the usa. But i could be wrong. I live in the uk, so getting them is not that differcult. There is three made a 5,7and 9 round extension tube. The one i got was the 7 round one. I then made a perspex extension on that to make it a 10 round mag. You could get in contact with GMK and try them. If you buy a vinci, you WILL sell your m2!!!!!!!