Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics slide cut rules

3djedi

I thought you could only mill the slide to accept the optic but then I saw a pic of jedlinsky using an agency arms glock with all kinds on cool cuts in Carry Optics. So what's the ruling on this?

296a113b1fab387cf8fadfc447348410.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s not my competition gun. My CO gun does not have any non oem windows. 
Oh ok. I listened to firearms nation podcast where you said you competed in Carry Optics with agency arms glock and that picture was on the website so I assumed that was your CO gun. My bad. Does your CO gun have an Agency milled slide? Have any pictures of it? I'm just curious what it looks like. Thanks!

On 11/20/2017 at 10:24 PM, 3djedi said:

Oh ok. I listened to firearms nation podcast where you said you competed in Carry Optics with agency arms glock and that picture was on the website so I assumed that was your CO gun. My bad. Does your CO gun have an Agency milled slide? Have any pictures of it? I'm just curious what it looks like. Thanks!

Any milling of the slide even if its supposed to be cosmetic will lighten the slide which is good.... I would also lose the iron sights.... no need in a competition  CO gun and that's more weight off the slide

Why does Vogel add weight to the slide of his limited glock?

bTGOM6Y.jpg

Don't know but I bet he is shooting major and the weight is probably to help with muzzle flip  I shoot both USPSA and steel challenge with my CO gun and since Steel challenge has no PF limit I use a pretty light load hence the lighter slide and light spring for me I even opted for the PC ported model so I could legally have he holes in the slide ( had to change the ported barrel of course)

Edited by xpierrat
added photo

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2017 at 8:11 AM, xpierrat said:

Any milling of the slide even if its supposed to be cosmetic will lighten the slide which is good.... I would also lose the iron sights.... no need in a competition  CO gun and that's more weight off the slide

"lose the iron sights" he says, have you ever had a dot die in the middle of a match or even completely break in the middle of a stage (hood detach from dot body), or even something as simple as a little dot flicker in the middle of a stage? if you've had any of those happen to you, your happy to have those BUIS, just pick up those irons and keep rocking out.

1 hour ago, colt1911 said:

"lose the iron sights" he says, have you ever had a dot die in the middle of a match or even completely break in the middle of a stage (hood detach from dot body), or even something as simple as a little dot flicker in the middle of a stage? if you've had any of those happen to you, your happy to have those BUIS, just pick up those irons and keep rocking out.

Happens in Open. It sucks. Why shouldn’t it suck in WO as well?

The trick is to use good stuff and keep it maintained to all least reduce the risk of tanking a stage.

Just now, Sarge said:

Happens in Open. It sucks. Why shouldn’t it suck in WO as well?

The trick is to use good stuff and keep it maintained to all least reduce the risk of tanking a stage.

Why SHOULD it suck though, it doesn't have to? Why not change the status quo? Your right, and over the years I've learned a lot about what's good and what's really not (though people still think it is), but I've had the best of dots and gear break, well-maintained dots/gear. Why not have that insurance when your 600 dollar red dot that you didn't think would die, dies?