Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ESP legal?

B_RAD

Just now, kells81 said:

My accu with aluminum grips and mag well come in a hair under 43 with the magazines with aluminum floor plates.   I really mean a hair because it's damn close.  

That's awesome!   

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42.4 if I am reading it right.  

I know now my scale has differed from the scale in Houston and the scale at The Razorback match.  

Its close enough that I may see if

they will give me a curtesy weigh on it in Arkansas Saturday. :)

image1.JPG

12 minutes ago, kells81 said:

I know now my scale has differed from the scale in Houston and the scale at The Razorback match.  

image1.JPG

Oh man, with that SA trigger that thing will rival any 1911. 

Screw it, gonna use it and see what happens. It meet the guidelines as I read them and several of you all here agree. Maybe HQ will pull their head out of their 4th point of contact and see the light. lol

Hahaha that's the spirit! May as well stuff the mags full so that you get the full enjoyment out of being in NFC....yeah I know you're not s'posed to do that. Who cares at that point? Break out the open gun...on second thought that's just oppressive.

These are the slide cuts on the gun in question.   If you notice it is not a modified edge but milled like that to begin with.  If it was an Edge and you would see the old serrations then the slide lightening could come  into question.  As it sits a manufactured Firearm by Briley so legality in IDPA shouldn't even be 2nd guessed.    The FLDC rule drop has a lot of people thrown off though. 

IMG_6894.JPG

I wonder if part of the problem lies with the product description on the site. It claims to have a lightened slide and these are not production pistols but semi customs. Even though we're talking 1/10ths of ounces, the panel cuts would be less weight than the slide serrations. 

That's a sweet looking pistol right there. I would have to agree. It is produced like that. I'm sure if it was made by Wilson there would be no question. As previously stated if the DVC is legal then the Briley should be as well. It has been established that Briley is a manufacturer. Glock and Springfield Armory both have pistols that have massive coffin cuts in the slide to reduce weight so whats the difference??? They sell more guns than Briley and others. 

Edited by buller01

I suppose the real issue is trying to find the logic in things. When there doesn't have to be.

We'd like there to be.

But there isn't.

It's a game. We can either choose to accept what the rules are, lobby to have them changed or move on.

I was more than pissed when they changed the dimensions of CCP. I still haven't made peace with that. But that's my problem. I can choose to accept it, lobby to change it or move on. I know that lobbying will get me nowhere. I refuse to accept that a $2600 gun I bought with the sole intention of using for a very specific division in a very specific sport is no longer legal. So that leaves me with moving on. And I will. By spending ridiculous (relative term) money to make this gun legal and allowing me to have a 2011 in CCP. 

8 hours ago, v1911 said:

I suppose the real issue is trying to find the logic in things. When there doesn't have to be.

We'd like there to be.

But there isn't.

It's a game. We can either choose to accept what the rules are, lobby to have them changed or move on.

I was more than pissed when they changed the dimensions of CCP. I still haven't made peace with that. But that's my problem. I can choose to accept it, lobby to change it or move on. I know that lobbying will get me nowhere. I refuse to accept that a $2600 gun I bought with the sole intention of using for a very specific division in a very specific sport is no longer legal. So that leaves me with moving on. And I will. By spending ridiculous (relative term) money to make this gun legal and allowing me to have a 2011 in CCP. 

What specifically did you buy?

1 minute ago, RangerTrace said:

Ahh, the .45 right?  So it's too big for CCP?  I figured it would fit just fine....

They changed the max height so that commander sized guns are 1/8" too tall (on average).  You have to run an officers sized grip if you want to shoot a 1911.

31 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I thought the VIPs were.....

Ooops, turns out that the mag length may be the issue.  I had assumed it was the grip since some of our members, okay one of our members, had complained about the gun not fitting the box.  I did a bit more research and it looks like the mags may have been the problem since the gun has to fit in the box with a mag inserted.  Oy.  I just hope my SA Compact RO in 9mm fits in the box.  I should find out in a few days.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:24 PM, B_RAD said:

Oh man, with that SA trigger that thing will rival any 1911. 

On 5/18/2017 at 11:11 PM, kells81 said:

image1.JPG

Which magwell is this and does it fit inbox for ESP, it is perfect for the orange grips! Thanks for any information