Sig P320 X5 Case Separation and Extractor Loss

rpm8300

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have one for 320, but I do in my Glocks and my Atlas 2011. I'll discount the Atlas because I think they probably do their own chamber or finish reaming. It eats anything. In fact I have a few batches of loads I loaded too long and its reserved for Atlas only.

My Glocks (2x gen5 g34s and a gen5 g45) came straight from KKM retail.  They take any of my longer loads (1.1550) with friendly profiles - like truncated cone or flat point. For what little round-nose I use, I have to keep them under 1.13 (or they go in the Atlas-only bin). Mostly .356 pills.

As for how tight, I don't know. I  use U-Die for sizing.

Been reading this thread because I bought a X5 Legion last month and had two case ruptures, extractor disappearance in slightly less than 200 rounds. Yes they were reloads, 4.5 grains of Titegroup with the 115 Hornady HAPs which Hodgden lists as the starting load. Son bought one also and had a rupture and blown extractor in about 200 rounds of the same ammo. Lots of case exposed by the breach like some of the pics on here. Haven’t made it all the way through a match yet  

On 5/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, ddc said:

Any experiences with how tight the KKM chambers are cut and how long you can load?

The chamber is supported and much tighter than factory. Rounds jiggle in my factory barrels. 

147s I was loading around 1.125

124s I am loading at 1.15 but 1.16 spun freely. Crimped at .77-.78 

3 hours ago, kshock said:

Been reading this thread because I bought a X5 Legion last month and had two case ruptures, extractor disappearance in slightly less than 200 rounds. Yes they were reloads, 4.5 grains of Titegroup with the 115 Hornady HAPs which Hodgden lists as the starting load. Son bought one also and had a rupture and blown extractor in about 200 rounds of the same ammo. Lots of case exposed by the breach like some of the pics on here. Haven’t made it all the way through a match yet  

@kshockReally surprised to hear of your issues.  Had at least +200 rounds of factory and reloads through my P320 MAX and not the first issue with ruptures or blown extractors.  Some factory rounds were in the 147PF range and my ladder reloads of N320 with Zero 125JHPs went above factory load listings resulting in 141PF.  These were done via bench rest and Ransom Rest testing. Saw no pressure signs or case bulging during my checks after firing above book loads.

FWIW:  my factory and test reloads were 124, 125, and 147g rounds.

I do have the MAX at The Sig Armorer's for an Action Job and hand fitting a KKM 1:16 barrel; however the barrel upgrade is primarily for accuracy and match grade chamber. 

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp