rpm8300

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

I've been using 120 bayou  .358 dia. And precision swagged 125gr in .358.

With e3 or wst at 132 pf.

Also some sport pistol at 132. But on 2to3 lbs of that so far.

Thanks JCC. I'll switch over to WST, I keep hearing good things about it. 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Wolverine45 said:

they will not warranty the pistol .

Are you reloading the ammo this is happening to?  If it has only happened with your reloaded ammo maybe shoot 500 rounds of store bought ammo and see if it happens.  If the issue does not occur with the store bought ammo I would look into you reloading process.  If it happens with new ammo you have another data point to take to Sig.  I have had some owned/shot about a dozen P320 and have never had this happen.  Not saying the gun is not defective, but have you exhausted all possibilities of other issues?

The only time I have seen this happen with any of the dozen or so X5 I see shoot locally for two years now is where a buddy had a similar issue happen to his X5s twice.  At first he thought it was due to double charges.  It ended up being an undercharged round causing the detonation in both cases.  Upon some investigating of his reload equipment he noted that the Delrin powder check rod he was using was statically removing powder from the casing when it was measuring the powder.  He was already at a super low charge of 3.1 grains using 147 gr bullets.  The Delrin powder check rod for whatever reason did not like the Sport Pistol powder he was using.  He switched back to Titegroup and the issue went away.  An undercharge condition is worse than a double charge condition in that the undercharge causes a squib then the remaining powder explodes and the gas has nowhere to go.  In a double charge condition at least the bullet escapes the barrel and some of the gas if not most goes out the front of the barrel.  

He did note the second time it happened he was using an X5 with a Barstow barrel and no damage occurred to the gun.   If you think its truly the gun you could go with one of those barrels, for a more robust system, but that is probably not the way to fix this issue.  If it were I, I would test with store bought ammo, and go from there.  If this is happening with store bought ammo I would go back to Sig and escalate the issue with their management until they did something.  

Yeah it’s happened with both factory and reloaded ammo and with the powder I’m using it’s not possible to double charge the case would over flow . I was also thinking it may have been an under charge but last weekend at a match the Ro said he actually seen it fire out of battery 

1 hour ago, Wolverine45 said:

Ro said he actually seen it fire out of battery 

If that is the case I would push this with Sig.  If the customer service rep does not help, talk the manager and push up the chain.  

If you are using an aftermarket Recoil spring, they may not honor any warranty because you modified the original gun.  Not sure how they look at any changes like that you may have done to the gun.

Edited by Boomstick303

Is it an old x5 before the trigger issues were fixed? The new ones don't fire out of battery. They have a 1911 style of disconnector. 

The barrel support is just s#!t. 

I was an early adopter of the p320x5. The chamber has no support compared to other guns, even the glock is better. You can load around it but you shouldn't have to. Almost everyone I know with one in my country has lost extractors and bulged cases now. My favourite was a mate saying he had no problems at all and lent it to another friend. My friend opened the case at the start of a match and the extractor wasn't there. 😅

I remember loading a batch of 8000 rounds. I shot half of them in my shadow 2 with no issues. Bought the sig, had issues straight away. Bought another sig because I thought the barrel was faulty, more issues. Sold the x5's and shot the rest of the ammo in other guns with no issues.

Use a slower powder and good quality cases. No CBC, no tulammo, no WIN, no PPU. 

I was loading with 122 grain bullets, I'm not sure if heavier bullets reduce the pressure. Maybe that could help. 

Thanks. I just bought it this spring so it is a new one . I checked the chamber support this evening compared to my czs and a few others and you are correct it’s awful I’m going to try an aftermarket barrel if that doesn’t work I’ll just go back to shooting one of my czs  I’m using 3.5 grain of imr 700x and a 124 grain blue bullet 

Couple of thousand maybe mostly Syntech 150 gn, not sure of the reload powder as I buy them from Mario. Probably about 400 of those so far. 

Update Mario uses Winchester WST. as 4 gn Ap50 for the 125, and Ap70 for 145gn pills (not sure of gn amount)

Edited by terrydoc

• 6 months later...

I bought a P320 X5 2 months ago.  I ran maybe 90 rounds through it over the course of 3 weekends of limited shooting.  I was using Sig M17 +P and CCI Blazer 115gn.  I shot probably 10 of each and then one of the Blazer cases gave way.  It blew my damn extractor out and I have NO IDEA how far away it could have traveled.  Plus its a grassy wooded area and ive tried to find it using a magnet on wheels with no luck.  Anyhow,  I managed to find my Spring,  Extractor Pin and Spring Guide.  But the Extractor is somewhere between bumfuc*** and you got a purty mouth.  And it snapped a piece of the cheap Tungsten Polymer crap frame off.  Plus a fracture under the edge of the teigger guard.   I contact Sig and they inform me that "Ammo Issues" are not normally covered under warranty. But once I asked "So once I send it to your service dept,  and you deem it "Safe To Use",  then I'm going to have to pay out of pocket for a new extractor?"  And he replied "Not necessarily."  So old what he meant.  I paid $1100 for this pistol and had HIGH HOPES of having an amazing product.  And the few round I got to shoot was awesome.  And upon checking the barrel,  I see that the case support is AWFULLY DESIGNED!  Its dangerous.  A big section of the case sticks out into the open.  So now I'm trying to get the money to pay to/from shipping and I'm gonna end up eating a $1100 loss on my first Sig Sauer purchase.  And it sucks because I wanted to buy a Sig Rattler but FU** NO!!!  If my brand new pistol wont be covered under warranty for something that wasnt my fault,  then I'll be damned if I pay $2000+ for an AR pistol.  Just because I see how their warranty works for people that had no control over 1.  Ammo defect,  2.  Poor Case Support in Factory Barrel and 3.    Out Of Battery Striker Operation.  THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!

I was all excited to shoot the legion in co this year. Now all I hear about is them blowing up. I wish I would have just went with the shadow 2. I thought the legion would be a better 3 gun cross over pistol. 

15 hours ago, Shooter212 said:

I was all excited to shoot the legion in co this year. Now all I hear about is them blowing up. I wish I would have just went with the shadow 2. I thought the legion would be a better 3 gun cross over pistol. 

You always hear more about the problems than the ones running just fine. I had it happen once, I bought some spare extractors, and I'm back in the game. It would be nice if Sig redesigned the barrel is be a bit more resilient to this failure mode, but the reality is that you are gonna lose your extractor if the case gives out... just the way the gun is designed.

I was SO'ing a multigun squad a couple Sundays ago and the poor guy had it happen on the last shot of the last stage of the day. Full separation, too, pretty much the entire back of the case was gone. He was so shook up I had to clear (and disassemble) his gun for him. Gun looked fine otherwise, sans the extractor being in the next county over (or maybe embedded in the HESCO barrier, lol).

20220501_123406.jpg

Edited by erwos

Happened to me today. Luckily it was an indoor stage and I was able to find the extractor. Reinstalled it at home and ran some snap caps through the pistol. Worked fine. Has anyone tried the Apex extractor? This was a X5 with the original Romeo 1 optic cut.

1 hour ago, kellymc said:

I see where KKM has a 7 week wait. Unless someone advises me not too I may go with the KKM

Found out that 7 week "approximate" shipping time was a sort of "cushion" depending on what item was ordered...........  Ordered my KKM barrel and it shipped less that 2 weeks later...............

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER

33 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Found out that 7 week "approximate" shipping time was a sort of "cushion" depending on what item was ordered...........  Ordered my KKM barrel and it shipped less that 2 weeks later...............

👍

That sounds good.  Ill just wait a couple of days till my credit card starts a new months billing. LOL