Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I got an open gun, now what ?

magpulled

4 hours ago, OPENB said:

The Para Dawson pads work great on 126 tubes. The ribs go down further, so the followers don't get stuck. With Grams guts I get 25 reloadable. I never could get it to work with 140 tubes. The follower would always get stuck under the ribs. I can get 26-27 in a 140/Para combo, they just don't come back out for me! I know Eric has, we've talked about it. I think he massages the indents.

i have one Grams basepad on an old SV big stick that is not as long as the later tubes. It is the longest model Grams makes. I don't drop it on concrete, but it is ok on gravel or grass. It has cracks around the pin holes, but no one makes an aluminum equivalent, that I am aware of. 

TTI makes a 7mm that usually gives you 2 more with a follower.

I think my 140 holds 24 reloadable with the 7mm TTI on it

I loved 3n38 in my old open gun but it was a 3 port hybrid barrel. 3n38 is for guns with hybrid ports but does fine in any open gun.  If your running no holes or ports, AA7, N105 N350 are options as well. 

Edited by user293

Grams guts and base pad rock. 11mm on the 140's and a 2.5mm on my SVI 170 fits the gauge.

Bevin warrantys  base pad for life and the are easy to clean. 11 coil springs in 140's and 13 coil in big sticks. Grams all the way,

dcalvert

37 minutes ago, dcalvert said:

Grams guts and base pad rock. 11mm on the 140's and a 2.5mm on my SVI 170 fits the gauge.

Bevin warrantys  base pad for life and the are easy to clean. 11 coil springs in 140's and 13 coil in big sticks. Grams all the way,

dcalvert

How many rounds do you get with all grams in a 170 SVI mag? 

Edited by user293

10 hours ago, dcalvert said:

dcalvert

I wish I knew this. I broke two and threw all the pieces in the trash after it exploded when it hit my living room floor.

28 minutes ago, Glk21C said:

If the bottom of the tube is out of spec that certainly will happen 

29 minutes ago, EEH said:

They are just plastic,,remember what you drop them on in the house.Hardwood floors will kill them.

wanta know how I know ?

I have to agree they must be just plastic, and dropping them on hard surfaces seems to do the trick. I dont think out of spec tubes or in spec tubes really matters.