Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Basepads

echotango

TTI are very easy to take apart and are terrific.

The Springer Precision are still very easy to take apart and I like them for +0 use with the SSS ESP magwell, especially for being so reasonably priced.

SSS makes a great +0 basepad that is just as easy to remove as the factory option. They are aluminum and nicely profiled for fast grabs when reloading, As mentioned above, paired with the "ESP" magwell also from SSS, they make a very solid system.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased some Apex/10-8 basepads.

I wish I had not spent the money. I don't see what they give you that you don't get from the factory basepads with the "duckbill" dremeled off.

Yeah, they are supposed to have some magic base pad retention system but as far as I am concerned it is a pain in the a$$ if you want to clean your mags quickly in the middle of a match.

For the cost of five you are half way to a dremel. Just buy the dremel, cut off the "duckbill" and you will have it available as time goes by for all sorts of other projects.

In my days of shooting MP9s, the Springer basepads are the best - easiest to take off and put on. They are legal for both SSP/Production and also fit well for ESP with magwell.

I also had TTI and SSS basepads. They requires screws which I don't like.

Why are you grinding the lip off the basepads?

Not the lip around the sides. That stupid duckbill on the front of the factory pads. Cut it off, sand the edge smooth, and practice reloads for a week where you draw the magazine by resting the index finger on the front of it... and the front of the basepad in your palm.

Now switch to a magazine with the duckbill, and you'll immediately hate the way it cants the magazine in your hand.

I've also accidentally caught that lip on a mag on my belt while drawing the magazine in front of it, and had it fall to the ground during a stage.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Why are you grinding the lip off the basepads?

Not the lip around the sides. That stupid duckbill on the front of the factory pads. Cut it off, sand the edge smooth, and practice reloads for a week where you draw the magazine by resting the index finger on the front of it... and the front of the basepad in your palm.

Now switch to a magazine with the duckbill, and you'll immediately hate the way it cants the magazine in your hand.

I've also accidentally caught that lip on a mag on my belt while drawing the magazine in front of it, and had it fall to the ground during a stage.

I understood what you were refering to as the "Duckbill" portion of the lip. I use and have used many other types of mags and really never found the M&P mags that big of a deal. They are differant though, i can see why some people wouldnt like them after reading your explanation.

Thanks