Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compact 9mm 1911 ?

1911vm

why not get a range officer champion and buy a palmetto state frame? swap the parts, sell the lightweight frame to recoup the money. I just got the RO compact and had the slide tri topped and the barrel cut flush. I didn't do it for IDPA or anything, just because I wanted carry gun that handled like competition gun. it does! quick and flat recoil, easy on target, cycles really well. all that work was under $300 even with installing new sights.

You could try Springfield Custom shop to see if they can put a steel frame on the Champion or call one of the many Custom shops to see if they will do it for you.

Wilson also does several full sized frames with 4" barrels, but will cost you.

Edited by PalmBeach1

1 of the finest tactical trainers said 1 time

" I don't even let people I dislike buy kimber.

that's called a clue in military speak.

jjw

p.s. I use a springfield compact cant say enuff good about it

1300 rds in 5 yrs 1 bad FACTORY cartridge.

1 of the finest tactical trainers said 1 time

" I don't even let people I dislike buy kimber.

that's called a clue in military speak.

jjw

Has Kimber gotten that bad? I got a Pro 2 that I got when they just came out. Over 10 years later and the thing is still great. Sad day

Edited by 1911vm

You could probably get Dan Wesson to make ya one

They have commander guns in 9 so you would basically be asking them to change the frame (plus anything else you want)

OP wants 4" Barrel. Commander is 4.25". May be wrong, but I doubt DW will chop down to 4".

• 2 months later...

Just received a DW Valor V-Bob in 9MM that I had Keith make for me to match the one I have in .45. Rumor is that DW will have this in the 2016 catalog. Just starting to break it in, put the 1st set of rounds through it on Friday and it is an awesome shooting and handling gun. Of course, it is a 4.25" as PalmBeach1 says.

• 1 month later...

Just received a DW Valor V-Bob in 9MM that I had Keith make for me to match the one I have in .45. Rumor is that DW will have this in the 2016 catalog. Just starting to break it in, put the 1st set of rounds through it on Friday and it is an awesome shooting and handling gun. Of course, it is a 4.25" as PalmBeach1 says.

Is that a "for sure" thing re: DW offering this in a 9? Would be sweet!

Is that a "for sure" thing re: DW offering this in a 9? Would be sweet!
http://cz-usa.com/product/dw-v-bob-45-acp-black-valor-bobtail-commander-tactical-2-dot-tritium-sights-8-rd-mags/

e452f654996aeeeb3d6d55bccc48c156.jpg