Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much are you willing to pay?

3djedi

Careless people do dumb things and auctions are where the misinformed really get burned. They are not to be admired or mimicked. Shows what can happen in an economy where too much money is chasing too few goods. Many did the same in the last several years buying anything related to firearms. So firearms related things are just a good example we all understand and an example of what NOT to do if we get a sharp spike in nationwide inflation of all goods etc.

There is a pearl somewhere in that pile of ....

SAD! We should be better stewards than that! I side with Outerlimits!!

Chuck

I'd have to kick that guys ass fer drill.

For selling a product at a price someone is willing pay??? The bidders generally set the selling price, not the seller. I'm sure most people prefer to sell to the lowest bidder. :huh:

I'd just point and laugh at the dumbasses willing to pay that much, but in the end someone freely purchased something at a price they felt acceptable.

On the plus side, not a single bid on this douchebag's entire listing of 'goods':

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=2741249

Funny read in the item descriptions - "I add only $3-4 per lb over my cost"

Good luck with that; hope karma bites him/her in the ass.

Those arent auctions, those are fixed price listings. If someone buys something you can only see it on the completed items search. People are buying stuff from NurseBell.

I wonder how nursebell is covering hazmat for only $19 shipping

On the plus side, not a single bid on this douchebag's entire listing of 'goods':

Those arent auctions, those are fixed price listings. If someone buys something you can only see it on the completed items search. People are buying stuff from NurseBell.

That is exactly what I was wondering, looks like he is skirting the hazmat issue.

And it looks like NurseBell is doing just fine selling if you look at his completed items. I am a capitalist so this is just the free market in action, I am good with that. I am not OK with him shipping items illegally.

Edited by RDA

Scumbag is here in INDY that really pisses me off! I wish everybody would stop buying from theses gougers ! The people that keep buying are only hurting the rest of us! And it is on our own forum as well..................so lets not look the other way.....when it is in our House. I'm sorry folks but a used Dillon press is a used Dillon press which somehow A used Dillon press is only $100.00 cheaper then a new one? 5 years ago you could come on this forum and pay $450 to $500.00 for a Dillon press and they still cost about $900.00 then!............I know i bought 2 new presses from Brian and 2 used presses on the forums! If what you have is brand new un-opened / un-used then i see it being worth retail other then that it is used and should fetch a used price !!!!!!!....sorry if the moderators want to take this off then have at it and i appologize in advance to the Mod. Team.............But not to anyone who takes it offensive, If you didn't like what i said then you must be Gouging.........lol

That is exactly what I was wondering, looks like he is skirting the hazmat issue.

And it looks like NurseBell is doing just fine selling if you look at his completed items. I am a capitalist so this is just the free market in action, I am good with that. I am not OK with him shipping items illegally.

Good catch on them being BIN listings (DWFan).

There's a point at which businesses are just taking advantage of others, and this 'Nurse' has passed it.

Wouldn't upset me one bit if the ATF or someone else jumped all over him for shipping Hazmat goods illegally.

I am always amused on many forums how people are capitalist and free market proponents when it benefits them but they abhor it when it benefits someone else or it potentially costs them.

You can't have it both ways people. How many of you have turned down a raise? Or you received an offer on your car or house and you countered with a lower price? About as many that have paid the government extra taxes on April 15th just because they don't think they are paying enough currently.

I can assure you that you don't want our government stepping in and taking over powder and primer sales...

I am always amused on many forums how people are capitalist and free market proponents when it benefits them but they abhor it when it benefits someone else or it potentially costs them.

You can't have it both ways people. How many of you have turned down a raise? Or you received an offer on your car or house and you countered with a lower price? About as many that have paid the government extra taxes on April 15th just because they don't think they are paying enough currently.

I can assure you that you don't want our government stepping in and taking over powder and primer sales...

Lest we get into a debate on just how 'free' many US markets actually are, or are not as the case may be...will leave it at this: I've run a business before, and IMO, the best businesses sell a product or service that is a reasonable deal on both sides. Companies that take advantage of a temporary ability to 'abuse'/gouge the customers - I don't go back to. I'm quite sure most of us (those not selling anything or working in 'finance,' perhaps?) would agree than $500 for 8# of Titegroup is way behind excessive.

You are free to continue partaking of the 'excellent business' that is CheaperThanDirt as you see fit, of course. I won't.

I dont have any problem with an individual trying to profit from lack of supply. I think people who pay $500 for $150 product are dumb but if you have money to burn go for it.

Isn't it illegal for business to price gouge though?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by 3djedi

Lest we get into a debate on just how 'free' many US markets actually are, or are not as the case may be...will leave it at this: I've run a business before, and IMO, the best businesses sell a product or service that is a reasonable deal on both sides. Companies that take advantage of a temporary ability to 'abuse'/gouge the customers - I don't go back to. I'm quite sure most of us (those not selling anything or working in 'finance,' perhaps?) would agree than $500 for 8# of Titegroup is way behind excessive.

You are free to continue partaking of the 'excellent business' that is CheaperThanDirt as you see fit, of course. I won't.

I also don't frequent those places either, I won't buy from CTD and choose to honor places that are fair in my opinion and have a pretty long memory. That doesn't obviate my point though.

If I really needed 8# of Titegroup or Winchester 231 and had the ability to pay, I might be pleased it was available at that price. But, based on my wherewithal and need, I wouldn't pay anything close to that. If others want to, so be it.

If the market swung in the other direction and the same seller had to sell an 8# jug of Titegroup or Winchester 231 for $100, would you bemoan the fact that it was too little? Would you feel bad for the seller and offer to pay more?

All this is true,the seller did not take advantage of anyone.He started his auction at $.01 the people did the rest..I believe the whole thing was a joke..

I dont have any problem with an individual trying to profit from lack of supply. I think people who pay $500 for $150 product are dumb but if you have money to burn go for it.

Isn't it illegal for business to price gouge though?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Legality (or not) usually only applies to essential goods (food, water, ..) and depending on the state, may or may not be limited to emergency situations (e.g. hurricane aftermath or other crisis).

This is outside of any specific industries whereby regulations may curtail pricing - I can't think of any where this is the case, but regulation may limit profit taking in the power industry or for other essential services. Price-fixing and collusion are illegal, but seems to not be a concern, or we might be paying a whole lot less for Internet access + mobile service, and have actual competition in those markets..

So more or less - illegal, no.

I wouldn't pay that much but I have to admit that on a couple of occasions when I have really needed powder I have paid $5-7/lb over msrp so I could keep shooting.

At my LGS I pay about 5 bucks more. I don't really care he is a small store and has to pay to ship it to his store and keep his doors open so I don't mind. Having said that a big company like Bass Pro, Cebelas, Gander I will not pay over MSRP for anything.