Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

powder and primer availability

raggedclaws

Kim

Run for the hills, hoard hoard hoard.

I think all "stuff" with be short or restricted supply for a while. Its making it back but what happens is those who were shorted last year are buying everything they see before the "hoarding". See the cycle? When home supplies reach a certain level we start to see shelves at stores full.

My beef is I am finding Feds at stores but they are $39-45 a thousand. If I don't buy em somebody else does. They pop up online for less(powder valley, midway, grafs, Others) but you gotta search every day and buy them right then. :angry2:

Edited by BSeevers

Good luck with that. I called one of my suppliers today because he had listed Win and Fed SP primers for $112/case, so I called to order 20 cases and he said they were backlogged for 6-9 months. Said the Winchester guy at the SHOT show told him they can't make them fast enough for the demand. I don't know WTF is up...

Edited by Precision40

you just have to keep checking the big supply places, I recently ordered and recieved 15,000 CCI small pistol. If I had half a brain I would have ordered a bunch more and just passed em out at cost at Fredericksburg. I am seeing CCI's showing up for about $24 per K, do not succumb to the price gougers. Let em sit on em.

much of this depends on where you live. I live just outside Atlanta and primers can be hard to find locally. If I travel to Charlotte, NC I can purchase either Winchester or Federal Small pistol primers for 29.00 or less. Go figure!

Primers are starting to pop up at local gun shows. Prices vary depending on which show and dealer who as them.

If you are wanting to load 9mm Wiedners has PMC lead free primers in stock. I had good results loading them into 9mm using Titegroup. Others had varied results in other calibers.

Does anyone know when Federal small pistol primers and WW 231 powder will be available? What is a good online source for these things when they do become available?

Thanks, Kim

Kim,

If you look in the reloading section you will find the thread "Who has primers and when".

I posted a couple days ago that graf&sons has Fed small pistol match primers in stock. They are a little more than the regular primers but the shipping from grafs is free. Pay haz-mat and 4.50 for handling.

They don't have 231 in stock, but there aer other powders that will work well depending on what you are reloading. I use Solo1000 for 9, 40, and 45.

Randy