Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS Mag Release

ilvwhtgrls

Are you running the extended base pads? If so check that the upper rear corners of the extension is not binding on grip. Quick way to check is to take the basepads off

and see if you still have the issue. If not it is the basepads. Dress them down (it just takes a little bit) until the mags drop free.

edited to add.... Welcome to the Forum!!!

Edited by Neomet

sounds like either the grips or the mag brake is causing some friction and hanging onto the mag.

Should I take the grip panels off to see if it helps? If it helps at all, I noticed rub marks on the mags already. I have to wait until the gun get outta jail to try these things out. :cali:

Thanks

Are you running the extended base pads? If so check that the upper rear corners of the extension is not binding on grip. Quick way to check is to take the basepads off

and see if you still have the issue. If not it is the basepads. Dress them down (it just takes a little bit) until the mags drop free.

edited to add.... Welcome to the Forum!!!

Thanks, Benos is a great site! Unfortunately, I'm in CA so I'm limited to 10 round mags. I think that actually might be the problem. I purchased the gun from CZCustom, so I'm waiting on an answer from them too.

sounds like either the grips or the mag brake is causing some friction and hanging onto the mag.

Should I take the grip panels off to see if it helps? If it helps at all, I noticed rub marks on the mags already. I have to wait until the gun get outta jail to try these things out. :cali:

Thanks

Where are the marks on the magazines? Also see my post over on CZF.

Thanks

Where are the marks on the magazines? Also see my post over on CZF.

The marks on the magazines are on the mag release side. I don't have the gun in front of me so I can not measure the mags, sorry man.

Edited by ilvwhtgrls

Yup. Go back to the CZ Forum and see my reply over there.

press the button as lightly as you can until the mag just starts to fall. with your other hand, move the magazine up and down in the magwell. increase pressure on the mag button, and see if it goes in so far that it keeps the magazine from falling out. then, the problem would be the mag release contacting the magazine when pushed too hard.

Yup. Go back to the CZ Forum and see my reply over there.
press the button as lightly as you can until the mag just starts to fall. with your other hand, move the magazine up and down in the magwell. increase pressure on the mag button, and see if it goes in so far that it keeps the magazine from falling out. then, the problem would be the mag release contacting the magazine when pushed too hard.

Ahhh, makes a lot of sense. I'll stop by the FFL today and give that a shot!

lol, they banned my name of CZF. I really can not believe that, I've been using this screen name for over 10 years!

The gun is still in lock up, stupid CA! I literally just bought the gun from CZcustom, so I imagine it should be cover under warranty. Kind of a PITA when I just spent 1200 bucks.

Edited by ilvwhtgrls

i wouldn't bend the mag brake until we were sure that it was what's causing the problem. it should be flat from the factory for the TS. if it is in fact bent, i would ask angus to send me a new one. howeve,r he says that the marks on his magazine are on the side where the mag release is, so i'd be most suspect of the mag button first.

Do you have the magwell? When I installed the magwell on mine, it squeezed the lower frame a bit so mags wouldn't drop free.

I also had one mag that would flat not fall out no matter what. I've been meaning to see if CZ would replace it for me.

Pictures of the wear marks on the mags could be helpful.

It shouldn't be the "brake" - a TS doesn't have a brake, and the "insert" that is there is significantly thicker than that in a standard 75B; bending it would take an actual effort.

My .02 on proper diagnosis - pull off the grips, the magwell, and gut the mags so that you are just testing the empty tube. If they still don't cleanly drop, then the problem lies in the frame or the mag catch. Otherwise, add each piece back in until they stop dropping free and then you will at least have the problem narrowed down to a specific part to check over in detail.

When I got my first IPSC ST(older version of the TS) I had the same issues with the 10 round mags. I found 2 issues that were causing it. First was when I was doing a mag change I was pressing hard enough on the mag release that the back of the button was hitting the mag and not allowing the mag to drop. I fixed this by removing some of the material on the back of the mag release. The second issue that I found was that the magazine bases were causing enough friction that they were not bropping free. Again I removed some of the material from the base and they dropped free. If you want some extra 10 rounders I still have 3 that have been USED but still work fine and would let you have cheap. If the gun has the stock plastic magwell, I do not believe it would be causing any prinching etc as it is to flexible to be the culprit.

Henning had noted that if you place an empty mag tube body in the gun with the slide off, and look down you should not see a whole lot of mag catch sticking thru the mag body. You need some, but do not remove material from the mag release unless you have to, and only remove a little at a time.

Henning had noted that if you place an empty mag tube body in the gun with the slide off, and look down you should not see a whole lot of mag catch sticking thru the mag body. You need some, but do not remove material from the mag release unless you have to, and only remove a little at a time.

Just to clarify, it is not from the mag catch that I removed the material. It was from the opposite side. When I pushed the button hard(Probably to hard) the back side of the release button would bind the magazine.....

I had this same problem with my TS. I pulled the grips off and had no problems. I noticed that the mags were rubbing the inside of the grip panels and removed some material with some 150 grit paper and a small block. Now they all drop free. Easy fix, I would be suprised if this were not the case.

JZ

• 2 weeks later...