Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What You Actually Wanted Only A Year Too Late.

Sixgun

Oh, the agony of it!

I was looking at STI's website and see that now they make Tru-Bor barrels in .40! That's what I wanted when I built my open blaster last year. Now I have a threaded barrel with the S1 comp and it is nowhere close to being shot out.

Looks like I'll have to put some serious lead downrange, or just wait a couple of years...

Man I hate having a good idea too soon!

Ray c.

TOE, you're misinterpreting the law. There's nothing wrong with assembling guns from frames, but guns have to be on the approved list in order to be sold by a dealer in CA. PPTs of frames from one "citizen die republik" to another are perfectly legal... all you gotta do is find someone with a frame. :)

Ok

If you live in the peoples republic of Ca.

1 You order a Ca. legal frame & upper from STI

2 You have it shipped and DROS’ed to your favorite FFL dealer

3 Resist all temptation to open the box, ship it back to STI

And have the top end built in your choice 40., 38sup.,Ect Ect

4 You now have a Ca. legal gun with the added value of two top ends for IDPA

Or IPSC or what ever you’re shooting sport of choice.

Or

You could just order a Ca. legal gun in the caliber of your choice and have them fit a second slide and ship both at the same time,

undefined

That is the poop from tonight’s range time, where the targets cost $ but the Bullsh*t’s free.

B)

WRONG, Tyro... way wrong.

1 You order a Ca. legal frame & upper from STI

2 You have it shipped and DROS’ed to your favorite FFL dealer

Can't be done. Only complete guns can be sold in CA through FFLs. There are two STIs that are on the "not dangerous" list in CA, the CA Edge and CA Trojan. STI, however, won't be selling 'em until certain laws that essentially allow frivolous lawsuits are gone.

The only way to get a modular gun through a CA FFL is if it is the STI CA Edge in .40 or SV CA Competition gun in .45.

Private party transfers between two residents of CA, however, allow for the sale of frames that can be built into complete handguns or complete handguns through an FFL.

TOE, I don't know what law you're referring to with respect to building up handguns, but the AW reg and all that was 2000. Building up handguns from frames is completely legal, as is building up any other gun from a receiver, as long as you can get it in the state (like through a PPT).

AFAIK, long-guns are not subject to the drop-test BS, aka: only complete guns can be sold through FFLs. If I wanted to order a Rem 700 short action from Brownell's, I could have it delivered to a CA FFL and they could do the 4473 and all that good stuff. The FAB10 AR-esque lowers are another example of this.

Erik,

Only one solution is really going to solve your problem. Move. California has some of the most incredible scenery in the whole nation, but its laws in general and gun laws in particular are also some of the goofiest.

Might I suggest Texas, not that I'm biased or anything. :D

Wish you the best of luck getting your problem solved.

Liota

Erik,

Follow Liota's suggestion and move, but to Montana because we have lots better scenery than Texas. The only problem is the lack of clubs to shoot at and scattered locations. Shall issue CCW, open carry allowed except in cities, all couple of dozen of them. Only 800,000 people, lots of room to get away from your neighbor.

Change Tyro's STI to SVI, and... there it is...

I know that that wasn't exactly the answer, it's just a way for people from California to get a nice limited (or open I guess) gun

And Montana wins over Texas - Montana has great trout fishing... hmm Texas has Thunder Ranch hmm.. :D

Gorilla

Yeah, you can beat it. give me bad weather and ugly women in lieu of California anytime.

I hope I live long enough to see the state fall into the Pacific Ocean.

Governator Terminator is only a disguised Democrat, he is for gun control among other things.

Climbing down off soap box...

Trust me, I ain't one of the blissfully ignorant and am just biding my time, but I am a native Californian that is disgusted by what's happened to my state. Does that mean I don't like it? No... it's home.

That being said, how'd any of y'all like it if I started ragging on your home?

Democrat or Republican has NO meaning to me, both groups are equally culpible in the degradation of the whole US. I have VERY little faith in groups of people of any kind--they all play to the lowest common denominator.

Individuals, however, and lots of 'em, can make a difference. Lots of individuals stood up to say Davis should be gone... they then formed a group and voted in the Governator.

Things are gonna get worse all over before they get better. CA seems to be leading that charge, but somewhere along the way all the individuals in this state will wise up... I hope.

[/rant off]

Oh, the agony of it!

I was looking at STI's website and see that now they make Tru-Bor barrels in .40! That's what I wanted when I built my open blaster last year. Now I have a threaded barrel with the S1 comp and it is nowhere close to being shot out.

Looks like I'll have to put some serious lead downrange, or just wait a couple of years...

Man I hate having a good idea too soon!

Ray c.

Get BACK ON TOPIC notice.