Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tired of being tired

CZinVA

So, in the last 4 months I have packed on around 15 pounds.

I'm 5'8" and I weigh 225. I work two jobs and usually eat unhealthy (fast food) because

I feel like I don’t have time to cook/pack a meal. I’m tired of feeling

run down. I have got to make some serious changes.

So today is the day. None of that "New Years Resolution" crap.

I’m gonna start making changes now.

I’m sure others have been in similar situations. How did you

start?

I found that spending money (P90X) made me stick with it. Not blowing the cash was a huge motivator!

I have a 7 year old son, and at 45 I want to be around for him. If that doesn't get a person off of the couch nothing will!

As with most things........... Make the decision and do it !!

October 10th I decided I was going to start eating better and going to the gym. My goal was to lose 20 pounds and get in better shape. As of today, I have lost 12 pounds and still continue to go to the gym 5 days a week.

You just gotta get in your head that it is what you wanna do.....and do it !

Same boat here. Two weeks ago, I decided to challenge my self to work our for 30 days straight. Minimum of 20 minutes a day. That has to make a person feel better. I have a couple of pieces of workout gear at home(bike, treadmill, ski machine). I have been able to fit in on average 40 minute workouts, and I can already feel the difference.

I was aware that I had to stop making excuses for not having the time to work out, and I finally did. It is so easy to say I will do it tommorrow, but that is a never ending spiral. Something had to give, so for me it was a little extra sleep. I usually work out after everybody else is asleep in the house, or early in the morning before everyone is up.

You have already made the first step in deciding today is the day, now you have to decide that you will keep going tommorrow. It really is as simple as "just do it"

Randy

This one time, I joined the Marine Corps.....

I wonder what kind of enlisting bonuses they are offering to short, fat, bald, lazy guys?

I guess they could just give me a pistol and a chair. I could shoot all the bad guys that

happen to walk by...lol

Look up low-carb diets online and you will find a lot of meal ideas that are very low in carbs. I wrote down several recipes for breakfast lunch and dinner and it's not hard to follow. I started about 3 weeks ago and it is going well. I've cut my carb intake down to 40-50 grams a day; before starting this, I took in that much at breakfast. I'm not having the energy spikes and crashes that I've always had when eating excess carbs, my normal fast food diet. High protein and low carbs seems to be a decent plan.

Mikey,

You're dead sexy. Don't change a thing.

Awww shucks Seth, your just say'n that...

I tell ya.... of all the bad things I have said about you... I take half of them back...lol

:cheers:

Now thats funny. Hey, are you by chance hypoglycemic or anything like that?

Whether you hire him 5 days per week, or two days per month, HIRE A PERSONAL TRAINER. Task him/her with pushing you harder than you'd ever push yourself, being accountable for your workouts, eve via email/phone, and helping you with dietary advice, motivation/guidance.

I've trained clients 5 days per week, an hour per day, cost $1600 per month. I've also done "consulting" with clients as little as 2 half-hour sessions per month... $100.

Invest in an objective, motivational, experienced partner in your quest.

Research your trainer.

Education: 4-year degree in fitness field and/or 500+ hour training course (www.nptifitness.com). Certified NPTI/A-CPT, NSCA, NASM, or IFPA (minimum).

Experience: 2+ years in business preferable.

Do your homework: Interview 2-3 before hiring anyone.

Check references: Most good trainers have a book of testimonials, or multiple success stories who will talk to you.

I take all of my client's goals as my own. I take ownership with them. We are a team!

Best of luck!

Jeff

Director of Education, NPTI Tampa, FL

Edited by JeffWard

Body for Life is a great system but you do have to plan your meals. Take an off day and cook your meals for the week. Once you train yourself to eat the way you should it makes you feel bad when you don't eat right. One of my biggest motivators was looking at a picture of myself and wondering what the hell had happend. I have a picture of myself standing on the parade grounds at Parris Island and it makes me want to cry to see what i look like now. I now have just under three months to get to where I wanted to be before my shooting season starts. I'll wish you luck if you do the same for me.

I guessed your age @32, and you need 2300 calories a day to maintain that weight with no exercise.

Cutting back to 1870 will cause you to lose up to four pounds of fat per month.

You'll lose more weight than that initially, but no more than 2 pounds of fat per week. That's the max possible, no matter your regimen.

Losing weight is really no more complicated than burning more calories than you ingest. About 3500 calories burned = 1 pound of fat burned.

Or, do what my darling bride did and buy a Wii board; in conjunction with a diet in which she eats nothing "white", she lost 42 pounds in 3.5 months.

Chuck R.

I went from 210 to 190 with just doing a couple of things. First, I started eating less each meal. Same ole stuff just less. I was never abad eater. I do not do McD or fast food.

Second, I started walking and increased the distance. I would put a 10 minute run during the last part of the walk.

I dropped another 10 pounds by riding my bike and running for 20 minutes 3-4 times a week.

I cut milk out of my diet for the most part--for me that was the hardest. And No Snacks after 630PM. Remember you only need about a deck of card size of meat three times a week. Cutting back on the size of the meal was hard at first. No longer do I order three tacos, just two. If I eat out, I make sure I do not eat everything on the plate. Way too many calories.

I gained 20 pounds back by being TDY in a very cold place where I could not do the minimum set of exercise. Got back home and started losing weight again just by increasing the exercise.

Remember you metobolism will readjust to your new eating and exercise habits. So you have to make adjustsments to keep losing weight.

• 6 months later...

I wish you luck my friend...the hardest thing is to stay mentally strong. Some have already mentioned try preparing your meals for the week ahead of time, if it is already half done you will be less likely to say screw it and get a pizza. I would say to start out slow, you are going to be much more likely to stick with it. In your case if you are eating alot of fast food you are more than likely eating 2-3 times more calories in the day than you need. Start out by simply cutting calories and cutting out the fast food...that crap will kill you. It is going to suck for awhile but as you start to see results it will get easier.