Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Playing around with Google Sketchup (Stage Critique Request)

spanky

Madness.

Start anywhere outside of the rear most section of the shooting area

4a3ftl9dyh9wwtwsc9na.png

Quick & Easy

Start with hands touching wall

PP activates drop turner. Mandatory reload when switching windows.

rabm8ca06mu1zx94pqbg.png

Edited by spankaveli

The Chair

Unloaded gun and all magazines on table

Upon signal engage T1, T2 and PP1, perform mandatory reload, engage T3, T4 & PP2, perform mandatory reload, engage T5, T6 & PP3.

92fai6akq2qpi0xevx.png

Edited by spankaveli

The Ole Runaround

Retrieve gun from table.

v74o0r3f27h2xk1ayv6.png

No reason for ports in first 2 walls as they will be run around anyway.

While I agree, I think it might add an interesting aspect of tactics / game play to the stage.

Throttle

String 1: Facing Uprange, hands naturally at sides, Turn then draw, 1 ea, reload, 1 ea SHO

String 2. Facing Downrange, wrists above shoulders, 1 ea, reload, 1 ea WHO

6ks99kfead5e1nbtxq0r.png

Edited by spankaveli

You are doing great with SketchUp!

Just a few observations.

Put the no-shoots on the surface of the shoot targets if you can. It makes for a cleaner design.

Use the rotate tool to rotate the target face rather than the target stands and target. Once again, cleaner and more like what you will see in the field.

Use the grid for layout and set up. Turn it off for match booklet presentation.

Where there are multiple arrays, use the Look Around tool, set some views, and use those for clarification if you need to.

Once again, you are doing great. Let me know if you need anything special in terms of prop development.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

www.bcidpa.wordpress.com

You are doing great with SketchUp!

Just a few observations.

Put the no-shoots on the surface of the shoot targets if you can. It makes for a cleaner design.

Use the rotate tool to rotate the target face rather than the target stands and target. Once again, cleaner and more like what you will see in the field.

Use the grid for layout and set up. Turn it off for match booklet presentation.

Where there are multiple arrays, use the Look Around tool, set some views, and use those for clarification if you need to.

Once again, you are doing great. Let me know if you need anything special in terms of prop development.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

www.bcidpa.wordpress.com

Thanks Jim. Unfortunately the form I'm using doesn't have any "just" targets. Do you have any? And I'm not sure how to turn off the grids :(

www.bcidpa.wordpress.com

Thanks Jim. Unfortunately the form I'm using doesn't have any "just" targets. Do you have any? And I'm not sure how to turn off the grids :(

Of course, I have all kinds of targets. PM me at bcidpa at gmail dot com and I'll fix you up. That's the easy way.

You can explode a group, copy what you need, and go that way.

As for the grid, if the template was made with some forethought and planning, the grid ought to be on its own layer. Turn off the visibility of the layer and you are good to go. Otherwise, let me know and I'll fix you up with a bay set up.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Jim