Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Playing around with Google Sketchup (Stage Critique Request)

spanky

The Ole Runaround

I liked the idea of the table start and would have replaced the 1st wall with a fault line to make them run around the table. What does the barrel do, it is an extra prop to have to move? Set up crew now has to do a lot more work checking locations for shoot thru's. 1st tgts will probably get shot from the angled FL. Back right tgts look like possible shoot thru's. I like the zig zag better.

I haven't solidifyed the barrel yet. It ideally woudl be to block that target and protect the 180 but i think i can leave it where it is and leave it up to the shooter as to where to shoot it from.

as far as setup dragging out props, the haul isn't far for my local club and we usually have a good bit of setup help.

How about if I left it as is but did your replace wall with table thing.

That would work. What I have discovered at our small club is that the more elaborate and tricky the stages get the less help that starts showing up. Our stages are posted in advance and if there are lots of walls or barrels our set up crew seem to diminish. We probably have 25-30 members who live within 30 miles but we seem to get the same 5-6 people for set up.

I was watching an old tape of the Nationals in Reno (about 1995) with all the box to box stuff and speed shoots with 17.0 HF, stings with 8 shots in 2.5 sec. As I go into the sunset of my years I am glad to see things slow down even though I have to run mor now.

Strong Hand Steel (yes, I "borrowed" this one from a video I saw online)

2 ea on paper, reload, USP strong hand only

kvb7hqic59yubfqdeqjl.png

Two by Two

downrange, wrists above shoulders 2 ea, reload, 2 ea

uprange, turn then draw, 2 ea, reload, 2 ea

g17awedje6wuexly52ww.png

Zig Zag

door activates swinger

nivc4iz3mioptuxthd.png

Of course, I have all kinds of targets. PM me at bcidpa at gmail dot com and I'll fix you up. That's the easy way.

You can explode a group, copy what you need, and go that way.

As for the grid, if the template was made with some forethought and planning, the grid ought to be on its own layer. Turn off the visibility of the layer and you are good to go. Otherwise, let me know and I'll fix you up with a bay set up.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Jim

Jims the man. He has helped me more than once with this program. I have a sketchup berm full of props and a couple of berm templates with grass and gravel if you want it email me or pm me your email addy.

this was one of the stages from area 8 in '04, redrew and tweaked a bit. heels on XX

e20aowmvliwu8riu04yz.png

This one I just stole the wall layout for (for the most part). target layout is mine. If we are not comfortable with running forward/backward, that middle wall that's going left to right can be removed and the spirit of the stage remains. start in either box.

er2htsbk2bfrau1571ng.png

This one might be fun...

i3nh3nhbzl5ceptq2kxr.png

and since i'm tired of drawing long courses...

From box A engage T1-T4, perform mandatory reload, then engage PP1-PP5 from Box B

cawj68yjvrli18vir23h.png

Jim and Others,

Where can I get the pre-made targets and props to import into Sketch-Up? Never thought about using it for stages!

I guess I am still stuck in a 2-D world!

Kyle

I never have really figured out how to upload stuff then find them again to the warehouse. Send me a pm with your email and I'll send you a berm full of props I've collected or made.

Hit or miss

starting heels at rear of fault line.

tt0nt8zdjlo0hc05rqxv.png

Take the two no shoots out from behind the ports and you open up an interesting solution for the 10 round limited shooters. They can opt for one less reload and offer some more freestyle to the mix. Just my thoughts as a Production shooter. Let them got for 4 targets through the ports as an option. A slower option agreed, but it brings the element of knowing your game into your plan instead of forcing three from this position, then three from this position, then three... you see where I'm going.

Excellent work and thread! Gets my brain meats all squishy!

Thanks! PM Inbound

Jim and Others,

Where can I get the pre-made targets and props to import into Sketch-Up? Never thought about using it for stages!

I guess I am still stuck in a 2-D world!

Kyle

I never have really figured out how to upload stuff then find them again to the warehouse. Send me a pm with your email and I'll send you a berm full of props I've collected or made.

Here is one we shot at the SEPSA match in October. Start position is RAS from the box, enter the shooting area and shoot 'em as you see 'em. The two targets with No Shoot's on the outsides of the outside walls are tucked in far enough to drive SHO and WHO shots. The shooter needs to visit every opening but there are multiple combinations to shoot the available targets.

post-5360-1263258615_thumb.jpg

Edited by XD Niner