Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Carbine Championship

Full Auto?.......in my best Bandito voice.... "We Don't Neeeed no STinnking ,,,FullAuto"

Hey Alamo - STEADY NOW!! :sight:

For the record, I'm not the guy with the fullauto toys (well, not the guy Ron is talking about anyway).

Doug

Alamo/Doug - DR Mike was always partial to your steel match before he moved. I just thought I'd stirr it up a bit, he has them and has enough sense not to bring them down to the match, but he was trying to get me wound up. I think he is bringing his new Bushmaster with the Bushnell Holo I sold him. He and I shot the TX Carbine 2 years ago Real Carbine and his 30 rd mags would not run, but he still beat me, he was way happy about the 15rd rule. We have seen a few full Autos at the TX Tactical matches and even a supressor or two, but that is IDPA and it fits in. DR Mike is a little different he wears a kevlar vest to all the matches, he may be smarter than most of us. And his idea of ATAS is a straw hat and red shorts, go figure. Now that one guy that shows up wearing thongs you know shower shoes that worries me some. I've been spreading the word on the match and I think we will have a couple truck loads coming from San Antonio. I told them to get their entry in or no shirt.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to the MD this afternoon and he is thinking we may have to shut entries down at a hundred or so shooters and we are at 80 or so now. If you are thinking about shooting our little match dont wait too long. Would like to see you here.-----------Larry

I was just saying that some of the guys are as fast as a full auto gun ...It was a joke

I know Jamie, I was joking too - trying to make a play on my screen-name. Unfortunately, my sense of humor and attempts at witty banter don't translate too well on the internets; my emoticon-foo is weak. :blink:

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

I was just saying that some of the guys are as fast as a full auto gun ...It was a joke

I know Jamie, I was joking too - trying to make a play on my screen-name. Unfortunately, my sense of humor and attempts at witty banter don't translate too well on the internets; my emoticon-foo is weak. blink.gif

I know you were, It was pointed at Cocoadevil.gif

I know Jamie, I was joking too - trying to make a play on my screen-name. Unfortunately, my sense of humor and attempts at witty banter don't translate too well on the internets; my emoticon-foo is weak. blink.gif

I know you were, It was pointed at Cocoadevil.gif

Alamo - You are always joking around that's what I like about you. Doug does shot like a full auto.

Looking forward to seeing you two guys at the match, I may try to just hang back and watch you two guys and see just how much I can learn.

Fullauto, looks like I'll make it into Corpus on Saturday so count me in for the dinner at the Longhorn.

My first time at this carbine match so do you think 250 rounds of .556 will be enough or do most bring more.

Fullauto, looks like I'll make it into Corpus on Saturday so count me in for the dinner at the Longhorn.

My first time at this carbine match so do you think 250 rounds of .556 will be enough or do most bring more.

The match is about 225. I think I would bring a 100 more at least.---------------Larry

depends on how much you plan on missing. :blink:

Larry - Dr Machine Gun Mike asked me to find out if the show is sold out, he is still working on getting off. I heard there were 20 spots a couple days ago.

We had 87 shooters this morning and I'm not sure if that 100 cut off was a real hard number, but if I wanted in I wouldnt wait too long.------------Larry

Edited by Larry White

Larry - Dr Machine Gun Mike asked me to find out if the show is sold out, he is still working on getting off. I heard there were 20 spots a couple days ago.

We had 87 shooters this morning and I'm not sure if that 100 cut off was a real hard number, but if I wanted in I wouldnt wait too long.------------Larry

Thanks Larry I'll prod him along.

FullAuto - Put down two more for dinner. Me and MachineGun Mike. LoneStar and the time is?

I wasn't too sure about Reeeaaaal Carbine but this run answered that question.

http://www.texastactical.net/results/files/01.31.10%203%20Gun%20CR.htm

Those guys with the Iron Sight AR's just tried harder not to win, I was lazy just let it happen..

I'll volunteer (again) to set up the semi-official Saturday Night Pre-Match Dinner. The first two years we ate at the Longhorn Steakhouse Restaurant at 4535 S. Padre Island Drive, in Corpus Christi. Both times, the seating worked out well, the food was good and reasonably priced, and we drew a good BEnos crowd (25-30 hungry shooters). Unless there is a groundswell of opposition, we'll hold the Pre-Match Dinner again at the Longhorn Steakhouse.

Does 1900 (7:00PM) on Saturday work for everyone? Want to accomodate folks traveling in that day, so later may be better. Please post and let me know if you're coming so I can get a good headcount for the Restaurant.

Count me and my wife in with another couple Daniel and Kelly Earnest, Melisa Turner, Chris Herron = 4

Edited by Daniel Earnest

AK47 Ammo, is the standard Wolf ammo going to be legal in this match. All of this ammo has a steel case and it is likley that a magnet will stick to it.

If the bullet is pulled and the magnet does not stick will this work?

I hope that this is the last question I have to ask for someone else!