Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard Cover?

JThompson

New USPSA stripper target? Staple a couple $ bills to the bottom of the target and you have a winner! :roflol:

Probably cause AD's. :mellow:

As long as it ain't no ED. :roflol: To me it would be a fun hard cover to shoot around, the black stripe, not the ED. :blink:

Joe W.

I used two of these on a stage at Pine Island, MN for a Toys For Tots match on Saturday. It worked just like you would expect it to. :roflol: :roflol:

First shooter=1C & 1M on one of them. And it went like that for the next 68 shooters.

Some said it wasn't a legal target. Show me the rule that says it's not legal and I will take it out.

Then I got "why would you put in a target like that" I gave them the guy standing behind a pole.

It was fun watching them shoot it. Some shot at it 5-6 times, they couldn't hit that 2" black stripe any better if they were aiming for it.

Thanks Duane

Some said it wasn't a legal target.

To which I would hand them the rule book and point them to:

4.2.5 Hard Cover (and overlapping no-shoots) must not completely hide the highest scoring zone on a partially hidden paper target. The minimum requirements are specified in Appendix B.

APPENDIX B3:

At least 25% of the lower A-zone, or the entire upper A-zone, must remain visible around hardcover or overlapping no-shoots.

And if they still balked at it I would give them a calculator and a ruler and explain to them how to find the surface area of visible lower A zone. :cheers:

Joe W.

I used two of these on a stage at Pine Island, MN for a Toys For Tots match on Saturday. It worked just like you would expect it to. :roflol: :roflol:

First shooter=1C & 1M on one of them. And it went like that for the next 68 shooters.

Some said it wasn't a legal target. Show me the rule that says it's not legal and I will take it out.

Then I got "why would you put in a target like that" I gave them the guy standing behind a pole.

It was fun watching them shoot it. Some shot at it 5-6 times, they couldn't hit that 2" black stripe any better if they were aiming for it.

Thanks Duane

That's pretty much how I thought it would go. I didn't use them at my match. I had some bad Mex food and spent the day in the bathroom. Two friends did the setup, so I'll do it another time. I think a stage with all two inch strips of hard cover running in dif directions would be a real twister. :)

A, Mike and a A, Mike for me on those 2 guy behind a pole targets. Never seen anything like that before. How frustrating. I hated them, lol, but still cant wait to have another crack at em!!

I once asked Max how he approached hard cover/ns targets when they overlap a shoot. He said, "I aim for the center of the available portion of the shoot target."

A, Mike and a A, Mike for me on those 2 guy behind a pole targets. Never seen anything like that before. How frustrating. I hated them, lol, but still cant wait to have another crack at em!!

I once asked Max how he approached hard cover/ns targets when they overlap a shoot. He said, "I aim for the center of the available portion of the shoot target."

I'd aim for the black stripe. It's then a given I'd hit everything around it :roflol:

I'd aim for the black stripe. It's then a given I'd hit everything around it :roflol:

:devil: