Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Indiana SS/Prod/Revolver

I drew to the small popper (starting on the left) which with hindsight being 20/20 I wish had drawn to the wide open paper first because I missed the popper with my first shot and everything went all pear shaped after that.

I have to say though that stage three (with the mover) was my favorite, because the option to shoot/don't shoot the mover had a huge impact on the strategy for the stage for me anyway.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately a good match.

My complaints about the match all come my own performance. I only really had it come together on a couple stages. A couple stages were par, and the rest could have been vastly better. I was close to hitting stage 8 perfectly, but those little poppers were going all matrix on my bullets. I'm trying to chalk if off to early-season cobwebs...

Thanks to the squad. it was a very fun, hard working, and talented crew....

Good stages that a) tested a variety of skills and b ) had many options in ways to shoot them. Those are the keys for good stages.

Thanks especially to Jake, Aron, and Brent and the rest of the crew that put on the event.

Congrats to Matt and PB! :)

-rvb

Edited by rvb

It was the Super Squad of OBNOXIOUS without a doubt and I was pleased to contribute in some meager fashion.

Yea, lots of things are $#&@!

I think a lot of people over thought stage 8. It was one of those stages where you had to hit your marks and stick to whatever plan you had, but you really needed to know your plan....you couldn't just wing it and have it flow. R,

agree completely.... figure it out, burn it in, and let her rip.

I am curious on the how and the why ways that it was shot.

why did alot of you draw into the small popper on the left?

My start position (the second nail from the end, about 10' in from the left) really opened the left side of the stage up. I started on the popper 'cause that let me take a couple of steps forward on the transition to the paper and from there I could see my next 9 shots (to start on paper I'd have to swing back to the popper, and I couldn't move forward at all w/o pushing/breaking the 180). By slowly advancing while shooting my first mag, all I had to do was take a big step during the mag change and that set me up to hit the "hidden" paper behind the barrel on the left and then I could simply swing right and hit the right paper in the walls... if I hit that paper while moving I would be in position to see the rest of the targets behind the walls. Once the area in the walls was cleared, a RL and a step to the right (had a marker ID's on the fault line) let me engage the popper, plate and the left paper by the barrel. A RL while heading back to my marker on the rear FL set me up to hit the last 4 paper from the RH side.

A couple extra shots on the mini poppers forced me into a static RL shooting inside the walls, but knowing I only needed 4 rounds from the next mag, I just got back into plan and kept going. I figure the make-ups on the mini poppers and the static vs moving RL cost me ~3 sec.

I LOVE that type of stage.

What is cool is that PB and I had vastly different plans, starting on opposite ends of the stage, but the times weren't that different.

2 PB 97 GM Production 140 0 26.38 5.3071 153.0168 95.64%

3 rvb 70 M Production 152 0 28.87 5.2650 151.8029 94.88%

-rvb

Edited by rvb

Shooting Single I started on the left and drew into the open target in front of me, and then went plate, paper, popper, moved to last paper on the left,

That way as I shot the paper to the right, I could start moving to the right and get to the next position while shooting on the move.

Shooting Single I started on the left and drew into the open target in front of me, and then went plate, paper, popper, moved to last paper on the left,

That way as I shot the paper to the right, I could start moving to the right and get to the next position while shooting on the move.

and judgine by the scores on that stage, it seemed to work well for you :)

Here's a couple that I got up on youtube:

One really good shooter:

One shooter in training :wacko: :

All the stages are there. The short stage with the 4 poppers was a real PITA. A bunch of reshoots..... Damn wind!!! Enjoy!!

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Thanks all. I'll check out the range diaries later.

Trying to explain the stages with the diagrams in the book just wasn't working.

By the way, that was a nickname from younger days, I used it because some of the names I've been called recently aren't used in polite company. :)

Thanks, that make sense. I went into the open paper thinking it was a quicker to get the shooting started than the small popper, take the plate the other open paper and then the popper, move forward, moving take the last paper and reload moving into the next position.

You of course did the stage 9 seconds faster!! (and without the mike I put into the barrel on the last target on the right)

I have your run on video and once I finally get everything unpacked will post, it was a very nice run and something that everyone can learn something from on how to break down a stage like that.

Glad you and Gloria were able to make it.

Looks like Warsaw will be holding this match again next year most likely......more info to follow on that at a later date!!

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

Matt making stage 8 look easy

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vvfVoqcLgkM

You know what separates him from the rest of us? He is relaxed. You can tell he isn't in a hurry at the same time he isn't wasting any movements. His splits aren't super fast but at the same time, and I looked at his points, he didn't drop to many Charlies for the whole match! Very nice indeed! cheers.gif