Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Indiana SS/Prod/Revolver

Still on the road back to the house, but we had a good time at the match. Great way to get the season started.

Glad to meet a few new BE folks, but it looks like I missed seeing a bunch of people I already know! Didn't really walk around that much, we drove down the morning of and getting up at 4am doesn't work that well for me...

Jake, post up the combined overall results when you get the scores all uploaded!

Let's just say that two years in a row a master class shooter with 8 round mags has beaten a grand master using 10 round mags in the combined overall.

And that is as it should be ph34r.giftongue.gif.......then again, two years in a row the 8 round master shooters have been some master baggers! roflol.gif At least in Single Stack....Come on man whats one more G on that card cheers.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still on the road back to the house, but we had a good time at the match. Great way to get the season started.

Glad to meet a few new BE folks, but it looks like I missed seeing a bunch of people I already know! Didn't really walk around that much, we drove down the morning of and getting up at 4am doesn't work that well for me...

Jake, post up the combined overall results when you get the scores all uploaded!

Let's just say that two years in a row a master class shooter with 8 round mags has beaten a grand master using 10 round mags in the combined overall.

And that is as it should be ph34r.giftongue.gif.......then again, two years in a row the 8 round master shooters have been some master baggers! roflol.gif At least in Single Stack....Come on man whats one more G on that card cheers.gif

I'm tryin, maybe this year if I hit some special classifier matches. Got a 100% at the last local match I shot this month.

I'm tryin, maybe this year if I hit some special classifier matches. Got a 100% at the last local match I shot this month.

I know, its not like I have any doubt you'll get it, its just a matter of shooting them.

Hmmm...which has the advantage:

8 round single action gun scored major

OR

10 round dao gun scored minor

??

:P

Congrats PB.

I just got back and I have to get ready for work but I had a great time with my squad. Big thanks to the staff!!!!

I could have done a lot better but I did have a few good stages.

Now I have to take some of the leasons learned and apply them for the Area 6.

30% chance of rain on Sunday. :(

Okay, the weather was great. Maybe I am a little bit on the negative side. :P

Stage 8...ugh boy...I'm still sorting through the wreckage of that one. It is very challenging to shoot a stage when you have no plan. Well, I did have a plan. It consisted of shooting a popper...and then...well, that was my plan. Total train wreck.

Great match. Lots of fun. Challenging stages. I'm very glad that I went. My squad mates were awesome as per usual.

"Hey...the steel's broke."

"I have a plan. Ya wanna hear it?"

Hmmm...which has the advantage:

8 round single action gun scored major

OR

10 round dao gun scored minor

??

:P

Indian, not arrow :bow:

2nd Major USPSA Match and it was so close to home. I cant say enough about how impressed I am with Warsaw and how much work Brent has put into getting everything done. Today is deffinatly a reason to keep me motivated to stay in this sport. I had a lot of fun, my squad mates were awesome(except that Corey Schwanz guy, he just follows me everywhere.... whines a lot too :sight: haha. Corey, you still forgot your umbrella in my car...)

All in all I hope to see everyone again very soon. Either in pistol matches or multigun somewhere(my first will be at ACC May 9th)

Edited by Jon Fuhrman

Stage 8...ugh boy...I'm still sorting through the wreckage of that one. It is very challenging to shoot a stage when you have no plan. Well, I did have a plan. It consisted of shooting a popper...and then...well, that was my plan. Total train wreck.

Stage 8 was great. It was exactly the type of stage that we need to see more of - one where there are numerous "equal" ways to shoot it fast. (Unlike the usual courses, where it generally devolves into one way per division or less, despite there being other "possibles".) Freestyle in its truest form.

I will say that it wasn't forgiving for us 8-rounders. I had to make up one shot on the first mag, forcing me to slide lock for every reload on the COF. As I didn't have any other major brain farts on that one, I was at least able to maintain my plan. :)

Stage 8 was great. It was exactly the type of stage that we need to see more of - one where there are numerous "equal" ways to shoot it fast. (Unlike the usual courses, where it generally devolves into one way per division or less, despite there being other "possibles".) Freestyle in its truest form.

I will say that it wasn't forgiving for us 8-rounders. I had to make up one shot on the first mag, forcing me to slide lock for every reload on the COF. As I didn't have any other major brain farts on that one, I was at least able to maintain my plan. :)

You can thank (or cuss) Coach for that stage.

You can thank (or cuss) Coach for that stage.

That was a tough stage for me. It began a downward spiral after a relatively decent showing prior to that.

I had a great time, great match, great people, and great stages. Plenty to work on after that.

I liked stage 8, just didn't like starting there, haha. I thought all the stages were good (minus the one with all steel and clay targets- but thats just b/c i have some trouble with steel targets....)

Fun match guys! I agree with Gloria...wouldn't these have been a lot easier with a big stick, comp and dot? :lol:

I told my squad as soon as we showed up to stage 8 that I really wanted my limited gun.

I didn't even wish for a comp or a dot...just a single action gun and a bigger magazine!

In hindsight, I would have enjoyed shooting single stack more, but I'm glad I shot a major with a production gun, just to say that I did it. I told my girlfriend that the M&P Pro is hers now.

There was nothing to complain about weather wise. I cannot remember the last major match I shot that did not have some rain. I hope this is a trend for 2010.

The Warsaw Club (Brent and crew) did an outstanding job getting ready for and making this match happen. Staff day was a challenge like it always is, but today went really smooth by comparison.

I appreciate greatly the kind words about Stage 8. There was plenty of arguing and debate and bashing done about Stage 8. Stage 4 with that steel was a deceptively tough stage. 10 plates can make a grown man cry even when they are right out there in the open. I wish I had a dollar for every shooter that walked through there scoping things out laughing at how simple that stage was. Very few left after shooting it with a smile on their face.

P. Bender was a pleasure to shoot with. It was the Super Squad of OBNOXIOUS without a doubt and I was pleased to contribute in some meager fashion.

I appreciate greatly the kind words about Stage 8. There was plenty of arguing and debate and bashing done about Stage 8.

I think a lot of people over thought stage 8. It was one of those stages where you had to hit your marks and stick to whatever plan you had, but you really needed to know your plan....you couldn't just wing it and have it flow. R,

P. Bender was a pleasure to shoot with. It was the Super Squad of OBNOXIOUS without a doubt and I was pleased to contribute in some meager fashion.

Back atya Coach :) Thanks again to everyone that worked this match. I'll certainly be back next year.

I appreciate greatly the kind words about Stage 8. There was plenty of arguing and debate and bashing done about Stage 8.

I think a lot of people over thought stage 8. It was one of those stages where you had to hit your marks and stick to whatever plan you had, but you really needed to know your plan....you couldn't just wing it and have it flow. R,

I agree - I spent way too much time walking through the stage trying to game out my reloads instead of just shooting it - and then my plant went all to pieces on my very first shot which missed the popper.

There was nothing to complain about weather wise. I cannot remember the last major match I shot that did not have some rain. I hope this is a trend for 2010.

The Warsaw Club (Brent and crew) did an outstanding job getting ready for and making this match happen. Staff day was a challenge like it always is, but today went really smooth by comparison.

I appreciate greatly the kind words about Stage 8. There was plenty of arguing and debate and bashing done about Stage 8. Stage 4 with that steel was a deceptively tough stage. 10 plates can make a grown man cry even when they are right out there in the open. I wish I had a dollar for every shooter that walked through there scoping things out laughing at how simple that stage was. Very few left after shooting it with a smile on their face.

Stage 8.....it took awhile to set it up and for everyone to agree on it, which I don't think that actually ever happened. Coach and I only debated it for a few hours (and that was just about one popper)

I would post the diagram up but it doesn't really look like how the stage turned out. I am curious on the how and the why ways that it was shot.

What was your plan and why?

Shooting Single I started on the left and drew into the open target in front of me, and then went plate, paper, popper, moved to last paper on the left,

why did alot of you draw into the small popper on the left?

Id have to watch the video to see my actual plan of attack, but i went left to right (I prefer that direction if possible as im right handed). I drew on the far left popper first then moved to the paper, then the plate. cant remember the rest of the design, but i had a decent plan figured out with some wiggle room for missed steel. i was able to find a lot of 8rd arrays even if they werent set up like that on purpose.