Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle in the Bluegrass!

Excellent match. Thanks again to all of the sponsors and staff.

It's also rather humbling when I realized that I got my butt kicked by a number of people shooting minor in SS. :blush:

Also, a funny thing - when we showed up at the gate on Friday, I went "You know, this place looks *really* familiar..." Yep, I had shot at BGSL before, just not with pistols. I was there for a UK-hosted clays match while in college (UIUC for me) a few years back. It's always cool when things connect like that. :lol:

And of course, I got video of me shooting everything EXCEPT my best stage. Maybe that's should tell me something, though...

ETA - My match video is up, albeit at reduced resolution (youtube had an error converting my full-res video, so I uploaded a reduced one):

Edited by Walküre

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was a great match. For the people who didn't shoot it they missed out, and I can't wait to see how much this thing is going to grow for next years match. Core and all of really worked their buts off. Thanks guys for everything.

"New shooter, here. Where's the safety on this thing? Only got 80,000 rounds thru it...."

cheers.gif Nice match.

Yeah, New shooter my ass lol.

This was a great match. For the people who didn't shoot it they missed out, and I can't wait to see how much this thing is going to grow for next years match. Core and all of really worked their buts off. Thanks guys for everything.

"New shooter, here. Where's the safety on this thing? Only got 80,000 rounds thru it...."

cheers.gif Nice match.

Yeah, New shooter my ass lol.

One of the funniest first stages I have ever seen. That took some planning....

Chris C.

Corey spent alot of time on this match and it showed. It was one of the best matches I have attended. Thanks Corey, for letting me be involved in a small way in such a great match.

As for the rest of those involved, I really enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you all just a little better. Great bunch of folks down that way! :cheers:

It was also a pleasure putting some forum names to faces. I got to talk to several BE'ers and it made the world seem a little smaller.

I also saw a few Benos shirts out there as well. Very hard to miss those shirts! :bow:

Wow, was that fun or what? Thank you Corey for keeping with your dream and making this match happen. Thanks to God for the beautiful weather and our safe weekend. Thanks to all of the CROs, ROs, and Scorekeepers, and to our RangeMaster Gary Stevens. Thanks to Brandon Ironmonger, his wife and mother, for lunches and an exceptional dinner. Thanks to Patty and Kevin Carroll for taking on stats and doing it as professional as the legends in match stats do, maybe even faster. Thanks to BGSL for the support and the facility. Thanks to Joe Barnsfather and Barry Foster from Superior Firearms for bringing out some of their awesome gear for us to drool over between stages, if you didn't visit them in the vendor area, you missed some seriously nice guns and custom work.

It was great seeing all of my old friends, and meeting some people face to face that were just voices and emails before. I especially enjoyed working with Kevin Sanders from the Rudy Project Competition Squad. Shooting on Friday with Barry, Chris, Joe, Barry, A.T., Ken, Jeremy, and Tony was one of the more relaxed and fun matches I have ever shared. As I looked at the stages, and later the scores, it occurred to me that nothing in this match was brutal, it was all possible, and the skill and speed separated the competitors by about 60% from top to bottom. There were 10 guys shooting single stack that are Master in something, and it was nice to see Shaun win this thing, congrats. Congrats also to Ben Fortin, it was nice to meet you and see you win as well. I enjoyed meeting all of the competitors on stage 6.

A huge thanks to our sponsors:

Premier Match Sponsor Rescomp CR Speed

Match Sponsors Blade-Tech, Shooters Connection, STI Intl., Superior Firearms, TechWear, and Wilson Combat

Stage Sponsors BGSL, Blue Grass Firearms Instruction, Freedom Gunworks, Gilbert's Gunshop, and ISMI

Please remember these companies that take care of us as an organization, and as shooters.

Last I would like to thank my sponsors for supporting me and stepping up to support the match, Wilson Combat, Blade-Tech, TechWear, and Shooters Connection. I ended up in 4th place, and look forward to the rest of the season.

Edited by fomeister

Wow! That went well :D The match, weather, friends, it all came together. I had a blast shooting and working the match. Aw heck even tear down was fun with these guys :cheers:

It was great seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. It's always good to run into enos people at a match. Those shirts were great.

Hope I see everyone back next year. That is if we can talk Corey into doing this again :rolleyes:

Just got home and will be editing photographs tomorrow. However, I wanted to share this one early. Shaun should buy a very expensive gallery wrap canvas of this.

If you want to win HOA these days you probably need to function at this level. Please note Shaun is moving, there is a mag in the air, a new mag is being inserted in a single stack pistol and just behind him you will please note there is still brass in the air from his last shot .smile.gif

post-2337-126921379536_thumb.jpg

...and a face only a mother would love. I guess that would be the next part of my game I need to work on.

Yeah because at one point in the match there was 3 cameras on ya....with faces like that you'll break a lens!

Corey,

I know that it is customary To say that a match was a great one, after you have shot in it, and it went well. I normally do not do to much of that. But,,, I will have to say that I had more fun at this match than any that I have shot for a couple of years. The stages looked fairly easy, but they sure could bite you. Especially stages 7 and 8. I mean, how hard can a seven shot stage be? I totally underestimated it. Grat match, and thanks to all the folks that made it happen. ---John B.