Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The New Guga Ribas Holster

lynn jones

I've been using one for my Para Limited gun for a year and really like it.

I like the "flick of the finger' lock compared to the lock on the Ghost. Hardly a big deal, but a little something that gets used often.

However the Ghost is a great holster, and the only real difference besides the "cool and different" factor is the tension control compared to the Guga Ribas.

I splurged and got the Ribas to replace the pin-type Ghost I gave my wife for her Kimber. If I was looking to save money, then I'd have been happy with the Ghost. That is especially true since checking out the new-style Ghost I bought when my wife and I were playing with the G35 she's now using in Limited. Both holsters have good retention when unlocked.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Hope your right, I just ordered one. So far I have a Safariland 011, Lim Cat, CR Speed and the holster I always go back to is the one I bought 1st. It's a Hogue Power Speed.

I always draw from the intermediate locked position and have never found anything faster or more secure.

I looked at the Ghost holster and see no advantage over the Hogue. Perhaps the

"Guga Ribas Holster" will fill the bill???

It does look like an interesting holster.

Hi,

Where can I purchase a guga ribas holster?

al

Speed Shooters International usually have them but they are out of stock right now.. Not sure who else sells them

SSI is the only distributor in the U.S. I'm sure someone could order from a company like Double Alpha in Canada or a European supplier, but then you have to deal with the Customs issues. Eco-Comex in Sweden is a large distributor and they have some demo models available for a very attractive price even after you figure in exchange rates etc. They're listed at 1515Kr which is about $210....not sure how the shipping and import is done, but it can't be all that bad. R,

Speed Shooters International usually have them but they are out of stock right now.. Not sure who else sells them

Ok thanks for that. BTW do you know if this holster will work with a round trigger guard like on my colt singlestack 1911, and also a square trigger guard on sti 2011?

AL

The current model FSH-01 is listed as for both STI/SVI and 1911s. You'll have to adjust it a little to go between the two so you can't just go directly from a 2011 to a 1911. The top of the holster has plastic inserts that contact either side of the trigger guard (the inserts move up and down for height adjustment) and the retention level contacts the front of the trigger guard and uses a screw to adjust the contact point. The screw isn't the most elegant solution because it touches the trigger guard and will wear the finish, but it might be possible to cover it with something. R,

I bought mine from Double Alpha, no problem at all. You just have to pay their import tax. I cant remember how much it was, but it was around 20 dollars extra. Had it in 4 days. I would recommend them to anyone! Fast and very helpful.

• 9 months later...

any idea who sells the Guga Ribas products now? I can't seem to find anyone who sells holsters or even parts. Thanks

Nobody seems to have them here in the U.S. SSI was the exclusive distributor, but I don't know where that stands now. You might be able to get one from Two Alpha in Canada, and I'm pretty sure you can order one direct from them, via e-mail as their website is being redone:

http://www.gugaribas.com/

Eco-Comex used to carry them, but that site is down. These guys in Australia seem to be selling them....and using MY video clip to demonstrate them: http://www.bpss.com.au/