Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger return spring

big_kahuna

Two Trigger Return Spring breakages so far on my box-stock SP-01. First breakage 10 AUG, second breakage last night. Both breakages occurred during routine dry fire. CZ Warranty department has been excellent in taking care of me, no complaints there. However, the fact that I had two TRSs break makes me wonder if a few batches of springs had bad heat treatment or metallurgy. Sounds like it would be a good idea to keep a few spares in the shooting bag. Anybody else had their stock TRS break on them?

I think Angus offers an uber-TRS (Part #8C) that is better than the OEM (Part #8) one. Anybody have any feedback on the Angus TRS? His website says a sample spring has been tested to over 100K cycles without breaking. I ordered one last night and will find out. If I kill this one then maybe God is telling me to go back to shooting 1911s.

I probably shoulda bought the Custom Shop version of the SP-01 to begin with. Then it would have all the cool Angus parts already in it.

Edited to correct part numbers of trigger return springs

Edited by big_kahuna

Brie,

If possible, I would spare you the pain of broken parts. You might want to consider getting an Angus Uber-TRS now and avoid the drama later... and keep your OEM spring as a backup.

One more thing... if you are going to dryfire hundreds or thousands of snaps per week, be sure to use a snap cap in the chamber and an o-ring under the hammer. "Click" sucks when you expect "Bang".

If you dry fire the snot out of them, they tend to break. I've gone through several in my SP-01. If you go easy on the dry firing, they will rarely break.

Pivoproseem,

Okay, I've been dryfiring A LOT recently. Sounds like a routine breakage item for people that dryfire a lot. Hopefully the Angus TRS has a longer life.

have heard of it happening..but have never broken one myself.

dryfire a bunch too.

I usually tweak it to pull pressure off the spring, also reduces the pull weight slightly and keep it oiled.

Edited by eerw

Brie,

If possible, I would spare you the pain of broken parts. You might want to consider getting an Angus Uber-TRS now and avoid the drama later... and keep your OEM spring as a backup.

One more thing... if you are going to dryfire hundreds or thousands of snaps per week, be sure to use a snap cap in the chamber and an o-ring under the hammer. "Click" sucks when you expect "Bang".

I'll consider getting that part from Angus, but first and foremost, I need to get the snap cap and the o-ring. They appear to have been not included with my CZ.

Two Trigger Return Spring breakages so far on my box-stock SP-01. First breakage 10 AUG, second breakage last night. Both breakages occurred during routine dry fire. CZ Warranty department has been excellent in taking care of me, no complaints there. However, the fact that I had two TRSs break makes me wonder if a few batches of springs had bad heat treatment or metallurgy. Sounds like it would be a good idea to keep a few spares in the shooting bag. Anybody else had their stock TRS break on them?

I think Angus offers an uber-TRS (Part #6A) that is better than the OEM (Part #6) one. Anybody have any feedback on the Angus TRS? His website says a sample spring has been tested to over 100K cycles without breaking. I ordered one last night and will find out. If I kill this one then maybe God is telling me to go back to shooting 1911s.

I probably shoulda bought the Custom Shop version of the SP-01 to begin with. Then it would have all the cool Angus parts already in it.

I broke two trigger return springs (Dryfiring the gun will kill the trigger return spring much faster than normal use.).

Ghostholster / Angus Hobdell is offering a new trigger return spring that should (!) not break so fast. I would recommend to replace the old/standard trigger return spring with the new one. So far I was not able to break the improved spring.

Edited by Walli

Had to change mine after tweeking too much. The trigger failed to reset. Theres a vid somewhere hear that shows a guy taking apart and putting the gun back together. VERY HELPFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will NEVER throw away my extra wd-40, Break-clean red spray nozzle tips again.

• 3 weeks later...

Received and installed the Angus TRS a few weeks ago. Referred to the Henning videos for how to disassemble/reassemble the pistol, and found the videos very helfpul. Tried to use a WD-40 red nozzle tube as a slave pin but no joy (couldn't get it to fit). I ended up fabricating a slave pin from the shank of an old junk screwdriver, worked like a charm. Since the installation of the new TRS I've been dry-firing the dogsnot out of my SP01 and no problems so far, works great. :cheers:

What I use as the slave pin, is the retaining pin that holds the hammer pin in place. It's the tiny vertical pin, on the left side of the gun, towards the rear that is visible.

Stuart.... Mind elaborating some more on the TRS spring, and what you are thinking in regards to bending them? I've heard this mentioned before, but not really had a chance to play with it. You just bending the spring "in" some?

Ghostholster / Angus Hobdell is offering a new trigger return spring that should (!) not break so fast. I would recommend to replace the old/standard trigger return spring with the new one. So far I was not able to break the improved spring.

You can use the "trigger return spring" from a Tanfoglio ( EAA in USA i think).It has the same dimensions , it's "light" , and it has a longer life (it last's for ever ).