Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Tactical 1911

wolfie

2500 DOLLARS, 2500 DOLLARS Are you &%^&*& kidding me? Listen get a nice target Kimber or loaded target Springfield. Then buy a couple cases of ammo put a 1000 in the bank, take your wife/girlfriend to dinner and a movie. I will shoot IPSC or IDPA with my custom Para 745 (less then a 1000 in it)againest anybody with any Big expensive manfacture of 1911's with my skill level(A,B)Just a thought...2500 dollars LOL

Edited by usmc1974

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Lesbear with over 2000 rds fired and is still tighter than a new edbrown , nighthawk , and wilson that I tried but couldnt live with.

the springfield TRP that I owned shoot loose after 500 rds , and I tried two . I have a friend with a STI edge with almost 5000 rds and its still tight .Good luck I hope you find something you like

I have a Lesbear with over 2000 rds fired and is still tighter than a new edbrown , nighthawk , and wilson that I tried but couldnt live with.

the springfield TRP that I owned shoot loose after 500 rds , and I tried two . I have a friend with a STI edge with almost 5000 rds and its still tight .Good luck I hope you find something you like

Funny you say that. My TRP seems a little looser than I remember when I bought it, but I have around 1500 rounds though it at this point.

Does this loosening automatically affect the guns accuracy, or does it depend on what is loose?

If the guns start out tight, what keep some staying tight while others loosen?

If there has been an accuracy loss in my gun, it is has not been enough to notice.

Funny you say that. My TRP seems a little looser than I remember when I bought it, but I have around 1500 rounds though it at this point.

Does this loosening automatically affect the guns accuracy, or does it depend on what is loose?

If there has been an accuracy loss in my gun, it is has not been enough to notice.

From what I understand, more of the accuracy is based off the tightness of the barrel fitting/setup than the slide to frame fit.

From what I understand, more of the accuracy is based off the tightness of the barrel fitting/setup than the slide to frame fit.

Absolutely. Barrel fit is by far the most important factor in getting a 1911 to be accurate. Take any halfway decent barrel, fit it perfectly to the slide, but have a sloppy frame to slide fit and it'll still shoot well. Take even the best barrel, fit it poorly to the slide, and have tight slide to frame fit, and it'll shoot poorly. R,

Right on. The looseness I have seen is in the frame to slide fit, and only near the front of the gun at that. So despite this loosening, it still seems to shoot as good as ever, and I still highly recommend as a possibility for your first 1911.

2500 DOLLARS, 2500 DOLLARS Are you &%^&*& kidding me? Listen get a nice target Kimber or loaded target Springfield. Then buy a couple cases of ammo put a 1000 in the bank, take your wife/girlfriend to dinner and a movie. I will shoot IPSC or IDPA with my custom Para 745 (less then a 1000 in it)againest anybody with any Big expensive manfacture of 1911's with my skill level(A,B)Just a thought...2500 dollars LOL

Funny.....you didn't recommend POs..... I had one of "those" and I just realized that Para Ordnance is its plural form is a.....POS!

I bought a new STI Spartian off Gunbroker out of PHOENIX, AZ in 07 the same thing could be said about. I sent it back to the factory twice, then Sold it,marked as is. I still like STI stuff.

Edited by usmc1974

Just a thought! Para 745,comes with ramped barrel mine has about 2000 rounds through it still tight. :cheers:

1000 round torcher test

All that proves is that a single Para was capable of firing 1k rounds, in an unrealistically short period of time.

Just a thought! Para 745,comes with ramped barrel mine has about 2000 rounds through it still tight. :cheers:

1000 round torcher test

All that proves is that a single Para was capable of firing 1k rounds, in an unrealistically short period of time.

What is your point? Isn't that what any gun companys(STI SV BAER or???) torcher test proves? On a side note, Para started the whole hi cap IPSC thing.

1000 round torcher test

What is your point? Isn't that what any gun companys(STI SV BAER or???) torcher test proves? On a side note, Para started the whole hi cap IPSC thing.

My point is that a sample size of 1 is insignificant.

Torture tests are not something I find particularly useful when shopping for a firearm.

When I stop seeing Para's with broken MIM triggers and thumb safties, that ship with doublestack magazines that work...I'll start to think more highly of them.

Taurus had a "torture test" of their own too. Their pistol didn't fair too badly, either. But, that doesn't make their pistol any better, does it?

Taurus makes a pretty good gun. I have some, no complaints. Do you believe STI or Baer put a 1000 rounds through every pistol. I have had many Para's have 4 now all run great my 38 supers, 40 S&W and 45's limited open and single stacks. I keep them well maintained and they don't let me down. BUT, all guns can and do fail. All shooters have good and bad days. that is just the nature of the beast.

Edited by usmc1974

Funny.....you didn't recommend POs..... I had one of "those" and I just realized that Para Ordnance is its plural form is a.....POS!

I bought a new STI Spartian off Gunbroker out of PHOENIX, AZ in 07 the same thing could be said about. I sent it back to the factory twice, then Sold it,marked as is. I still like STI stuff.

Well put usmc1974! :sight: People can argue forever about which gun they think is better and it really comes down to the skill level of the shooter. :cheers: