Best Tactical 1911

wolfie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like a lot of people like the STI guns. Having not shot any of their guns what is the thought relative to single vs double stack models? I like the Lawman but the Edge and Tactial 5.0 also look interesting.

Preferences? Reliability of double stacks??

I just bought a new STI Trojan. After putting 200 flawless rounds thru the gun...I sold my Kimbers. I just can't get over how well this gun shoots and handles...right out of the box.

My next purchase will be an STI in .40.

At the risk of asking a silly question, how come out of three pages only two guys mentioned Kimber?

Is there something (relative to this specific thread) that I don't know but should?

I think that a lot of people are put off by the firing pin safety that Kimber uses in the majority of their guns. Many are also leery of the MIM parts Kimber uses. I wouldn't have a problem using a Kimber without the firing pin safety as a duty weapon.

At the risk of asking a silly question, how come out of three pages only two guys mentioned Kimber?

Is there something (relative to this specific thread) that I don't know but should?

I think that a lot of people are put off by the firing pin safety that Kimber uses in the majority of their guns. Many are also leery of the MIM parts Kimber uses. I wouldn't have a problem using a Kimber without the firing pin safety as a duty weapon.

Just take 80's saftey crapp out, and a slot filler from Brownell's and your ready to go.

I had a Kimber series II for several years with the FPB and I loved the gun. I never had a single issue with the grip safety, it was reliable and had an awesome trigger that was obviously not from the factory. Wasn't the most accurate gun (very normal 2-3" groups at 25), but I wouldn't be put off by them by any means.

I'm looking for the range and target as well. I want to get a 1911 loaded parkersize, not sure what kind of shooting I want to do if any, would this be a good choice,cause you can always upgrade. I do like to compete against myself, that takes the stress out. I competed in archery for about 15 yrs.