Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brian's BE scale vs. dillon determinator-input pls.

I bought one, from somebody else but, it seems to work just fine. Easy to use and accuracy seems to be dead on.

I like it for the size, price, and the 20 year warranty. That's not a bad warranty since it seems like some electronic gear nowadays is guaranteed for about 20 minutes, or whatever time it takes you to leave the store, whichever comes first.

My D-Terminator went belly up a few weeks ago and was out of warranty so I emailed Brian to get the warranty info for CED. I didn't have the money to spend on another D-Term so I picked up one of his other scales while my D-Term was in transit to CED. I am more than pleased with my small pocket scale and actually prefer it to my D-Term. It stays calibrated and registers very fast and maintains excellent accuracy every time I turn it on. things my d-term didn't necessarily do all the time. It is batt powered but appears to conserve power well. It is also packed with many other features. CED did fix my D-Term for $60. I have it back now but continue to use the small pocket scale. I must say I am thoroughly impressed with it for what it cost.

I load in an unheated metal building. Will either scale work properly at 40 degrees? My current electronic goes nuts at low tempratures.

I have a cheap beam scale for those occasions.

I'm in AZ so I have no way to test the scale in that temp.

;)

But I emailed my supplier; maybe he'll know.

be

Just got off the phone with my sales rep. He wouldn't guarantee it. He said, for that price range of a scale, it "may" work. And it would have the best chance or working reliably if you left it in that environment for a couple days, and then calibrated it, and left it there. He also said it probably wouldn't work if it was humid at all. So it doesn't sound that promising.

be

How long does the unit stay on with out use before going into "power saving mode"

About 4 minutes I think. I have not had any trouble with it going off while resetting the powder measure. It also comes on and is ready to go in just a few seconds, no wait at all.

The book says you can set it to stay on until you turn it off I believe. Don't have the scale or the manual in front of me right now, running on memory.

How long does the unit stay on with out use before going into "power saving mode"

About 4 minutes I think. I have not had any trouble with it going off while resetting the powder measure. It also comes on and is ready to go in just a few seconds, no wait at all.

Very true. It's super-speedy. And it auto-off's in about 3 minutes.

The book says you can set it to stay on until you turn it off I believe. Don't have the scale or the manual in front of me right now, running on memory.

Yes, it can be set to stay on until you turn it off.

In the hundreds I've sold - I've had 2 returned. One, in days of testing, I couldn't find anything wrong with, and the other was easily fixed by calibrating it. (Calibration is super-easy and the scales comes with a calibration weight.)

be

Very true. It's super-speedy. And it auto-off's in about 3 minutes.

Yes, it can be set to stay on until you turn it off.

In the hundreds I've sold - I've had 2 returned. One, in days of testing, I couldn't find anything wrong with, and the other was easily fixed by calibrating it. (Calibration is super-easy and the scales comes with a calibration weight.)

be

Is it ok to use rechargeable batteries?

• 2 weeks later...