Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Steve. I'll get it out of the way for Rudy W., and myself early this year.

Can I run my 6 shot revo at the WSSC match???

Funny John.............you ask every year......props to you for trying to wear me down.............however, the short answer is ...............NO

This is the best Single Stack match in the US guys. If you haven't shot it you need to. Believe me, you get your money's worth out of it.

+1

It definitely is one of those matches that you need to make at least once if you enjoy shooting SS. Is it going to be Level I or II??? R,

some questions have come to me on PM's......all shooters (except staff) will shoot both days....

round count has not been determined, as soon as it is, I will post it here..........

Steve

So can I just shoot Saturday? :roflol:

Edited by jasmap

This truly is the best SS match I have attended in the past 5 years. It tests all the skills of the shooter. It is very well run, the staff is outstanding and as long as Steve lets others make all the decisions, there is never any problems. :-)

Be careful Bill, it has sleeted and snowed at this match. But even then, I usually wear shorts. Mostly it is just sunny.

This truly is the best SS match I have attended in the past 5 years. It tests all the skills of the shooter. It is very well run, the staff is outstanding and as long as Steve lets others make all the decisions, there is never any problems. :-)

Be careful Bill, it has sleeted and snowed at this match. But even then, I usually wear shorts. Mostly it is just sunny.

It is very well run, the staff is outstanding and as long as Steve lets others make all the decisions, there is never any problems. :-)

:roflol:

The coldest match I ever shot was the 2007 WSSSC! PJB45 remembered how cold it was! You can tell by the way he shivered when he posted the last 2 posts :lol:

really, it's a very good match!

Later,

Chuck

Thanks for the intel....I usually pack shorts on trips to the lower 48, I'll be prepared for the worst.....Sunny sounds good as we have only 3 hours daylight that time of year.

-Bill

I just got my confirmation.

One year, we open the lift on Mark Travis' SUV, Glenn Hingdon supplied the heater, the on deck shooter has priority position on the heater to warm their hands. I shot the last stage in snow. Where were the targets?

Another year, the rain was so bad, the RO offerred a reshoot to anyone who would replace targets! People where shooting in the helo and not wanting to leave to go out in the rain.

That is the extent of the bad weather. As true with most of the west, an hour later it was clear, warming up and sunny. The vast majority of the time it is shot in excellent Mesa weather. I am shooting in shorts again this year. Maybe a Hawaiian shirt too. Although my SV shirt brings me good luck.

This by far and away is the best match, the stages are excellent, where else is every skill tested.

Tthe RO staff are great. Howard once gave me extra ammo to finish the match. Those ROs are the best I have ever encountered.

• 3 weeks later...

Match applications have been arriving daily........we are close to being half full. It looks like we are going to have 11 stages......as soon as they are final, I will see if Kyle can get them posted here, or on the Rio Practical website, and will get the round count out as well.

For all you shooting the Desert Classic, have fun and shoot great!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Match is close to being full..........I will know how many shooters by tomorrow, and will post more info here. Also, round count appears to be right around 250. Stages are mostly complete and my great friend, Kyle "computer genius" Schmidt will get them posted soon......

If you have any questions please let me know at singlestack40@gmail.com

steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...