Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Large Pistol Primers

shoresroad

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Brian's forum, and just spoke with him in helping me to get started reloading 45 ACP. Will be going with a Dillon 550, but here is the hardest part - Large Pistol Primers. Thought I would start this topic so folks could post links to any place they have found them recently (like in the last 10 minutes!). I know they will go fast, so the links you add might only be valid for a few minutes, but post away if you know of any place.

Here is my story from yesterday. Knowing I was going to start reloading, I added my email to the "Notify Me" on all Large Pistol Primers at Midway about a month ago. Came home last night and had a notification from Midway that Winchester LPP's were in stock. The email had arrived at 4:18pm. Clicked on the link immediately, and they were already out of stock (5:32pm). Called Midway today, and they said they sold all 300 boxes of 1000 in about 20 minutes. I live in Murfreesboro, TN and the guns shops around here (and Nashville) haven't seen any LPP's in about 9 months from what they tell me.

Thanks for any info anyone has.

Bill

Your best bet is to backorder the primers and hope the supplier gets them sooner rather than later. You can backorder thru Powder Valley, Graf and Sons, and Midsouth to name a few. Do you have any friends that reload that could sell you some until you get stocked up? Maybe some of the members here are in your area and could arrange a FTF for a private sale. Good luck.

Welcome- get use to those types of emails

from co.s. I have had several and never spent

a dime on primers! Because- like you if you

are not sitting at the comp. when the email

arrives the primers will be like the movie-

Gone in 60 seconds. Ask who will take back

orders, and put in for some that way, ask

friends that are sitting on some,visit local

ranges and ask other shooters. They are

around,and you will find them. ALSO check

this forum for dealers, and place a WTB add

in the classified section. Best of luck- don't

give up! :cheers: Freedom Gun Works-

Bobby- may have some also forum dealer.

The wolf large pistol primers seem to pop up fairly often. I have been pretty happy with them. Put your name on the email list for Widener's, they seem to stay a day or two.

This thread:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...c=83248&hl=

and the back order at powder valley have been the source of my primers since last April.

Edited by bofe954

Check with Bobby Keigans (kgunz11 on the Freedom GunWorks Vendor area), he has Wolf LPs for the nonce. Of course, once I get down there again he might not, but I'll give you a few days. How's that for friendship? ;)

Leam

Check Natchez everyday.

Normally a good suggestion, however, shoresroad is in Tennessee, and Natchez does not ship to their own state. Unless the story has changed, they are protecting their old dealers who helped them get started. Also, no shipments to Georgia and Alabama. Not sure if they allow walk-ins.

Lee

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Brian's forum, and just spoke with him in helping me to get started reloading 45 ACP. Will be going with a Dillon 550, but here is the hardest part - Large Pistol Primers. Thought I would start this topic so folks could post links to any place they have found them recently (like in the last 10 minutes!). I know they will go fast, so the links you add might only be valid for a few minutes, but post away if you know of any place.

Here is my story from yesterday. Knowing I was going to start reloading, I added my email to the "Notify Me" on all Large Pistol Primers at Midway about a month ago. Came home last night and had a notification from Midway that Winchester LPP's were in stock. The email had arrived at 4:18pm. Clicked on the link immediately, and they were already out of stock (5:32pm). Called Midway today, and they said they sold all 300 boxes of 1000 in about 20 minutes. I live in Murfreesboro, TN and the guns shops around here (and Nashville) haven't seen any LPP's in about 9 months from what they tell me.

Bill

I received the email. my phone took 45 seconds to connect the call. They were gone by the time I got through.

I spoke w/ Powder Valley on Thurs 10-1-09, and they would not accept back orders on primers. I winded up placing a back order w/ Gamaliel. I normally only buy from Powder Valley, but a shooting buddy had recommended them. The nice lady who answered the phone said they weren't expecting any relief until maybe December, so if I get them by Jan or Feb, I'll be OK for next year.

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/home.php?cat=957

I only check the sites once or twice a week, so I guess I need to be doing it every hours or so. Live and learn. Good luck with your quest.

Powder Valley has a list of primers that they will accept backorders on. I ordered 5000 Winchester LPP about 2 months ago and had the primers within 3 days. Below is the note on their website. If the primer you want to order is listed then you can backorder it. Currently they show Winchester LPP available for backorder.

At this time we are not taking any new backorders for primers that are not listed here. We currently have over 50 million primers on backorder. If you currently have a backorder in place your order will be processed as primers become available. Once we begin receiving more primers from the manufacturers and are able to begin filling current backorders we will update the website.

I have had the same experience with Midway, I just stopped doing business with them. If I can't backorder and get in line the company doesn't need my business. I went down to my local Guns and Ammo and they had Winchecter LPP in. First time I will have used them, normally use CCI, but I bought 5K of them for $39.99 per K.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone,

Bill

Weidners is listing Wolf large pistol (as well as small and large rilfe) primers in stock.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|284|737

• 3 weeks later...