Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Show your shield

N2O5O

Cool thread, I like seeing other badges, cars & stuff. So, not trying to hi-jack, but, I'm including car and patch photos, too.

14 years on the job, over 8 as a SGT.

SGT and P.O.badge:

Shoulder patch:

Old car:

Still transitioning to the new car:

Nice. We just changed uniforms from light blue shirts to the dark navy. I love the black and white uniform. I with I dpt would do badge changes also, only Lt. and above everything else is stripes on the collar. Ill throw up some unit pics once it quits raining around here.

I don't have any pics, but Patrol LT badges look the same as SGT badges, but no badge numbers for LT & above.

CAPT. & above essentially the same but all gold, specific rank is on the bottom banner.

Detectives basically take the eagle off the top, leaving just the shield itself. Detecs still have badge #'s, D LT's do not.

We were awarded ceremonial shoulder patches at the graduation of Citizens Police Academy. These are the actual patches our PD wears. The Book-In area of our county jail has a WALL FULL of patches from everywhere imaginable. Very impressive.

post-1852-1253669070_thumb.jpg

Rats, I'm not allowed to play in this one :(

No sweat G. Your's ain't even shiny anyway :P

Hey, when you got class you don't need flash....lol. I just made that up, but I kinda like it :roflol:

Funniest badge comment I've ever heard....a PD detective was talking to a buddy and she looked at his belt and said "sheesh, mine's bigger"....we about fell over laughing and she turned bright red when she realized what she'd said!

post-19777-1253596541_thumb.jpgI know there is some other 5-0 on here besides me...lets see the shield. Mines a little beat up, but its had a hard ten years so far.

I don't got no stinking badges! Just kidding, I am a conformist.

When I was in junior high, in the early eighties, a friend my own age was just finishing up his collection of state police shoulder patches that he'd been working on for years. He had at least one from every state. Most just sent them to him when he wrote them a letter explaining what he was doing and why he wanted it. Some wouldn't give or sell one to a civillian, so he'd find the company that made the patches and get one from them. He had all fifty states, several variations on many of them, and lots of major sheriff departments and police departments. Mostly filled two 4'x8' sheets of plywood. It was quite a display.

The guy always wanted to be a cop. As kids, we called him "Deputy Dan." He was a police officer in San Angelo, TX for a while. Last I heard, he was a captain in the Border Patrol.

Edited by mgood

• 1 month later...
Rats, I'm not allowed to play in this one :(

No sweat G. Your's ain't even shiny anyway :P

Hey, when you got class you don't need flash....lol. I just made that up, but I kinda like it :roflol:

Funniest badge comment I've ever heard....a PD detective was talking to a buddy and she looked at his belt and said "sheesh, mine's bigger"....we about fell over laughing and she turned bright red when she realized what she'd said!

OSI has two different sized shields now. One is large for the belt and the second is std size for the Bs&Cs case. Our Std sized is about the same as yours. Just too small IMO for visual ID in plain clothes if the SHTF.

post-7549-1257979733_thumb.jpg

Edited by SA Friday

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...