Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who is this guy?

Flyin40

15 Stephen Hinojales

He finished 15th at nationals and had one heck of a match. He was scored at minor too. Anyone know the story about his minor??

I did a quick figuring and he lost 47 match pts because of shooting minor. It would of moved him into 10th place, he also would have had a 2nd place finish on a stage.

This guy shot a really consistent match.

14 B's

40 C's

4 D's

2 NS's

248 A's

He hit 2 no shoots and made them up because there were no mikes.

Flyin

Its close but you have to go by HF

Stage 8, he was down 6pts 98 total pts time 13.97

7.0150 hf 86.3510stage pts

Add major 104 total pts

new hf 7.4445 new stage pts 91.6379

He gained 5.2869 pts even though he was down 6 pts. The difference doing it the way you did and the way I did is just over .7 pts difference.

Stage 8 makes it easy because 21st place would be his exact score if he was shooting major.

I work 3rd shift in a prison and have nothing to do since all the inmates are locked down. Doing this sort of stuff can make my 8hr shift go by alittle faster. It's really close enough but I always like to look at where I would be exactly based on pts. I used to be a hoser(still working on it) and like looking at the points of the top guys.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

At my old club, we had a near majority of Pinoy shooters, and the clubs IPSC league night was generally known as Flip night. Most of us had just assumed that "Flip" was a derivation of Phillipino. Nope, turns out it was G.I. slang for Phucking Little Island People.

The term was dropped PDQ.

Its close but you have to go by HF

Stage 8, he was down 6pts 98 total pts time 13.97

7.0150 hf 86.3510stage pts

Add major 104 total pts

new hf 7.4445 new stage pts 91.6379

He gained 5.2869 pts even though he was down 6 pts. The difference doing it the way you did and the way I did is just over .7 pts difference.

Stage 8 makes it easy because 21st place would be his exact score if he was shooting major.

I work 3rd shift in a prison and have nothing to do since all the inmates are locked down. Doing this sort of stuff can make my 8hr shift go by alittle faster. It's really close enough but I always like to look at where I would be exactly based on pts. I used to be a hoser(still working on it) and like looking at the points of the top guys.

Flyin

Nice math review. Never hurts to review this once in a while. Thanks.

FAmily friend and business partner of ours. Practiced with him 2 years ago. He is very smooth and accurate. another video of him

He does shoot for LIMCAT. His Dad is a good shooter and a very good coach. Edited by bulm540

Flip shooter bringing the heat...

Good shooter, after living in Hawaii its funny hearing people talking with islander accents.

My wife is half Hawaiian blood and we used to go back quite often.

"dey cuz stay ova by Kalihi, da fada marry one hopa howley from da mainland" :blink:

Filipinos rule Norco. It is kinda similar that accent to the Hawaiian accent. They got good stages. They got pig on a stick. They got Chuck S and Ed Bennedetto. They got Taran and Jojo. It's all good.

JZ

Word. I am only one of 4 white boys there...including the NS's.

:roflol:

FAmily friend and business partner of ours. Practiced with him 2 years ago. He is very smooth and accurate. another video of him
He does shoot for LIMCAT.

Thks for posting that video, it really shows alot. This guy is so smooth that it doesn't look like he explodes out of any position but he is. He has some great footwork also.

Man...just so smooth

Flyin

i had the pleasure of shooting with stephen at this match. what a great kid and great shooter. when he found out he went minor he didn't really get upset he just decided to shoot better points and make the best out of the situation (great attitude). his father is his coach and a former phillipino champion. i am glad i got to meet them both.

15 Stephen Hinojales

He finished 15th at nationals and had one heck of a match. He was scored at minor too. Anyone know the story about his minor??

Flyin

Stephen told me there was a mix up while loading. instead of using 123gr heads, they accidentally used 115 gr. I think he was 8th at last year's open nats.

Just an FYI,

The place is called the Philippines.

People from the Philippines are Filipino.

It was originally named by Spain as "Las Islas Filipinas" but was it was changed after the U.S. annexation. To make things more confusing it used to be (and sometimes still is) called Pilipino in the Philippines because there is no "F" in the Filipino language!

In any case...the guy can Phlat out shoot!!!!

Edited by Filishooter

• 2 weeks later...

That guy is smoooooooth. I also noticed that he's "behind the gun" almost always. I just shot a bigger type match in Michigan and my critique of my own shooting was that I needed to get behind the gun more and quit hosing. I love videos that allow me to see some really good shooter doing it right.

Flyin40, all those points on stage 3 at Warsaw and I think you can just about say you are not a hoser. Still burns me that you worked all night, drove 4 hours, and beat me on that stage, ......point shooting B%$#*@d!!!!!! Sorry about the thread drift!

That guy is smoooooooth. I also noticed that he's "behind the gun" almost always. I just shot a bigger type match in Michigan and my critique of my own shooting was that I needed to get behind the gun more and quit hosing. I love videos that allow me to see some really good shooter doing it right.

Flyin40, all those points on stage 3 at Warsaw and I think you can just about say you are not a hoser. Still burns me that you worked all night, drove 4 hours, and beat me on that stage, ......point shooting B%$#*@d!!!!!! Sorry about the thread drift!

:roflol: Don't worry you'll have your chance to get at me again next yr. I'm going to make that match again, its one the don't miss matches for next yr.

Flyin

Stephens a great shooter and he always puts on a stellar performance. Stephen joined Team Limcat last year in March while we were in the Philippines, and he's gone on to become one of the top 2 shooters in the Philippines.

If you want to learn some great technique and see how smooth you can shoot, he's a great guy to watch.

Flip shooter bringing the heat...

Good shooter, after living in Hawaii its funny hearing people talking with islander accents.

My wife is half Hawaiian blood and we used to go back quite often.

"dey cuz stay ova by Kalihi, da fada marry one hopa howley from da mainland" :blink:

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Ho Bra you get one problem??