Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finding a good church

leam

Because of the latest move we're again looking for a church home. After trying several, we hit upon First Baptist in Leesburg. Now, I'm not saying this is "the" church yet, however, here are some signs:

1. First Sunday we parked beside a car with a blue "SigSauer" sticker.

2. Second Sunday, in Sunday school, one of the ladies in class talks about how she communes with God while up in the deer stand.

3. Today I'm getting caliber recommendations on boar hunting before Sunday School starts. The SS teacher uses a 30-06 and his son a .243.

4. Wild game cookout is in a few weeks I think.

5. Today's regular SS teacher is out of town elk hunting.

What do you think? :)

Leam

Edited by leam

Leam, have you tried Sherwood Baptist in ALbany yet? They are the ones who made the "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof" movies. Never been there but I hear alot of great things about it. Also, Porterfield Methodist in Albany is a big church that I hear alot of great about.Ed

Thats fantastic, sorta how I found out we picked the right church. I had always wondered what the 4 bay garage behind our church was. At a church picanic the retired mt Senior walked over to me and struck up a conversation. I finally got around to asking what was in there. "Oh you want a tour?" he asked. "You bet" i told him and we walked over. When he flipped on the lights my jaw had to of hit the floor as inside were at least 100 of the most unbelievable examples of animal taxidermy I had ever seen. You name it it was there. Grizzly bear, Wild Boar, Ducks, African plains animals from spring buck to Elan. And many were done diorama style like a wild boar full size with a hunting boot stuck in barbed wire fencing as though he just bit it off the hunters leg. He said it was the stuff he could not fit in his home. I almost did not ask but curiosity got the better of me "Did you hunt and mount all these" I asked him. He said he had and had been an ameture taxidermist scince he was a teenager (hes approaching 90 now). He also added that scince he was a catholic priest and there was no women allowed in his life he had plenty of time for hunting. We both had a good laugh. The keg at all the church picnics is another bonus :cheers:

Leam, have you tried Sherwood Baptist in ALbany yet? They are the ones who made the "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof" movies. Never been there but I hear alot of great things about it. Also, Porterfield Methodist in Albany is a big church that I hear alot of great about.Ed

Yup on Sherwood. They were the first church we checked out. Didn't fit us though, so we were supposed to be some place else. We'll be out of town this weekend but I'm looking forward t learning more. :)

Leam