Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

Cool thanks. I have a bunch of reduced recoil Federal slugs that do fine to 50 yards but at 100 yards they do not group as well as Breneke. I only have a few Breneke slugs left. So you saved me some money.

Pat

When I shot the WHIDPA 3 gun at Cawthon there was an 80 yard slug shot ( I'm pretty sure the first one was 80?). There's plenty of room to space things out over there in Cawthon.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect 80 yards for Slug shots.

Too far, can't be done.

When we shot at Cawthon a few weeks ago, the shotgun stage was set up with a 16" gong at about 80 yards. It was not that hard to hit.

I think he was being scarcastic...or needs to practice ;)

My M2 is sighted in at 50 yards with Fiocchi LEO Slugs. All I did was load one Remington Slugger, hold a bit high and pull the trigger. One shot, center hit. The other two slug shots were back in the woods at 50 - 55 yards and I used the low recoil slugs for those. It ain't rocket science.

A flying mini from the weakside shoulder .... after a 1/2 mile run ... after a simulated helicopter crash.

Shooting through a low port .... shotgun upside down .... weakshoulder.

A flying mini from the weakside shoulder .... after a 1/2 mile run ... after a simulated helicopter crash.

Shooting through a low port .... shotgun upside down .... weakshoulder.

:sight:

Blind folded! I know it was one too many! :blink:

Jim M ammo

and you don't get to use your own SG!!!!!

Trapr

OK that was one tooo many...

Or would you believe?? (from Get Smart)

Using ESP! Shooting someone else's shotgun, blindfolded. While hanging from inside a Box made of ICE, from a rappelling tower. Upside down,, spinning. While eating soup. With a fork.

OK now I went to far,,,

Jim M ammo

I'd put my Money on,,, KellyN being about to shoot a slug,,, 80 yds. :D

This will be my first 3 gun match so sorry if this is a stupid question, but for this match will there be a need to be able to hold rifle magazines on your person? (for reloads during a stage)

If so, do most people use belt mounted mag holders or chest rigs? Any suggestions? Thanks!

This will be my first 3 gun match so sorry if this is a stupid question, but for this match will there be a need to be able to hold rifle magazines on your person? (for reloads during a stage)

If so, do most people use belt mounted mag holders or chest rigs? Any suggestions? Thanks!

You will probably need one,,, I have not seen the stages,, but you should carry one just in case. if you have a jamb,,, sometimes it is faster to just clear the gun and start with a fresh mag!

I use a belt, and or a bag on my weak hand side,, of I use a mag cinch,, keeping two together.

Jim M ammo

+1 on Jim's suggestion of a belt mounted mag holder, but I also have pants with great pockets that hold extras if needed. Choose what allows you to reload quickly and does not force you to fumble around fighting a retention system.

See you there!

Cheers,

Kyle

Belt mounted works best for me and most of the people I see at matches. It gives you flexibility to reconfigure your gear to match the stage. For example, on many rifle stages I will keep an extra magazine in the small of my back in case things go really bad. On one stage last year at LaRue, you had to crawl through a tunnel made of the mesh construction barrier. Many people where getting hung up on it, so I was able to relocate the mag on my belt.

Whatever system you decide on, practice before the match. No substitute for dry-fire drills around immediate action and reloads. Based on what I have seen in past matches, also practice in awkward positions: prone, while moving, from a knee, on your side, etc... Even doing it a couple times will better prepare you for when you need it in a match.

Barrel should be here tomorrow or saturday, need to get out to Jim's to do some slug practice and rezero the rifle. Would you believe going from 16" CAR to a 11.5 SBR changes your zero? :blush:

How confident are you that the 11.5 SBR can hit the 400-500 yard targets? What optics are you running? Just curious.