Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrel should be here tomorrow or saturday, need to get out to Jim's to do some slug practice and rezero the rifle. Would you believe going from 16" CAR to a 11.5 SBR changes your zero? :blush:

How confident are you that the 11.5 SBR can hit the 400-500 yard targets? What optics are you running? Just curious.

Gun and optics are better than I am :blush:

Running a custom shop Leupold 1-4x shotgun scope with custom reticle for my 11.5 barrel balistics. Zero's at 200 and built in marks for drop out to 500. I'm still a complete newbie at distance shooting, with last years match being the first time I've shot at over 200. And just a small amount of practice at 200, mostly zeroing. Lack of decent ranges locally have really hindered me with distance practice, so this year will probably be a repeat of the old slow fat guy getting a few and missing others. My avatar is the gun.

Barrel should be here tomorrow or saturday, need to get out to Jim's to do some slug practice and rezero the rifle. Would you believe going from 16" CAR to a 11.5 SBR changes your zero? :blush:

How confident are you that the 11.5 SBR can hit the 400-500 yard targets? What optics are you running? Just curious.

Gun and optics are better than I am :blush:

Running a custom shop Leupold 1-4x shotgun scope with custom reticle for my 11.5 barrel balistics. Zero's at 200 and built in marks for drop out to 500. I'm still a complete newbie at distance shooting, with last years match being the first time I've shot at over 200. And just a small amount of practice at 200, mostly zeroing. Lack of decent ranges locally have really hindered me with distance practice, so this year will probably be a repeat of the old slow fat guy getting a few and missing others. My avatar is the gun.

Don't worry about the barrel length as it has no bearing on accuracy or consistancy. It only means lower velocity. You can shoot just fine out to 500 yards with the SBR.

Mule

I want all my competitors to have 11.5 inch barrels or better yet 10.5 inch barrels. :cheers:

Agreed. There is no doubt that a 10.5 or 11.5 CAN reach out to 500 accurately, but the loss of velocity will make that round drop like a stone past 300. Unless you are super nimble with changing your dope on the fly or if the match has a stage that is purely long range, the SBRs are just not nearly as versatile as a 16+.

I want all my competitors to have 11.5 inch barrels or better yet 10.5 inch barrels. :cheers:

Agreed. There is no doubt that a 10.5 or 11.5 CAN reach out to 500 accurately, but the loss of velocity will make that round drop like a stone past 300. Unless you are super nimble with changing your dope on the fly or if the match has a stage that is purely long range, the SBRs are just not nearly as versatile as a 16+.

Thats a non-issue with my scope, I simply sent Leupold my load data and the reticle is cut to match my bullet drops out to 500. Scope is zeroed at 200, which gives me point of aim from 0 to 250, and tic marks for 300, 400 and 500. No guessing involved. Now if only I could shoot to match what the scope/gun combo can do. :rolleyes:

Anyone shooting a Saiga 12? I just got mine back from Tac-47 in Houston, and it rocks, Ready to kick ass @ Larue!!!

Can you shoot that in tac optics

Good question. Rule 6.3.8 prohibits shotgun speedloaders. Is a magazine conisdered a speedloader at Larue? I can't remember any Saigas at last year's match so I would make sure they are legal before showing up with one.

Greg??

Anyone shooting a Saiga 12? I just got mine back from Tac-47 in Houston, and it rocks, Ready to kick ass @ Larue!!!

Good question. Rule 6.3.8 prohibits shotgun speedloaders. Is a magazine conisdered a speedloader at Larue? I can't remember any Saigas at last year's match so I would make sure they are legal before showing up with one.

Greg??

I plan on shooting my Saiga 12. I asked this very question a month or so ago and was told it was OK. No optics or compensators though. I did see at least one guy shooting an S12 last year.

I shot my S12 at the Cawthon inaugural match last month where they had a big shotgun stage. That was interesting. Lots of mixed fire (slug, shot, shot, shot, shot, slug, etc). I preloaded all of my magazines to match the stage. Besides one flub at the beginning it worked well (very fast). I need more practice reloading on a closed bolt. You have to hold your mouth just right.

jrmock

There are many stages that you will have to shoot out past 300 yards with varying distances and targets.

A'int always 60 and sunny...

I wanted to let everyone know the Benny Hill is donating one of his world famous $3000 pistols that I will raffle the pistol off at the match for a friend of the shooting community that is in need of our help.

Tickets will be sold at the match for $10 each and all proceeds go to our Pal.

Edited by SGDM

Greg??

Shot my saiga last year. Look at my avatar.

I also set up all the rifle stages to be shot with a predominate cross wind. Know yer holds, it is windy here in Texas.

More reason to shoot a .308 This year! :D

18 in :ph34r:

Jim M ammo

Hmmmm. I just got a POF 308. Wonder of it's to late to switch heavy!

I also set up all the rifle stages to be shot with a predominate cross wind. Know yer holds, it is windy here in Texas.

More reason to shoot a .308 This year! :D

18 in :ph34r:

Jim M ammo

Hmmmm. I just got a POF 308. Wonder of it's to late to switch heavy!

Nope, not too late but better tell Linda.

Reminds me, do we have squad lists yet?

Nope. And I don't even think about starting a squad list until the Monday or Tuesday before the match.

If you made a specific squad request and sent it to me on the original application or by email, I will honor it. Period. If your requests are sent by PM or Facebook messages, they will be ignored.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician