Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun 2010 March25-28,2010

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quick question, flying in for the match, shipping rifle, slugs and pistol ammo. Can I get a local to let me know where I can get some shotgun ammo? I assume any Dicks should have it in stock.

Thanks

There is a Bass Pro Shop on north route 202 just a few miles west of the range (between the range and the airport). There is a Sportsmans Warehouse just south of route 60 a few miles southwest of the range.

---John

Thxs

I plan to post videos on our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/3GunStuffLLC and pictures on our Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/48398975@N03/ as the match progresses.

We will be at the match with much of our merchandise, please find me or call me at 719-799-6877 to find me at the match to say hi or buy something.

I shot the match with the ROs yesterday. There were lots of great stages this year. There were no crazy memory games shooting two dozen targets through ports, they were all pretty much straight up tests of speed and accuracy. People who have shot the monthly multi-gun matches at Rio Salado will recognize some of the stages; concepts were proofed out over the past 6 months to make sure they'd be ready for the big show. Stage 7 playing whack-a-mole with rifle was particularly fun.

Care to elaborate on stage 7? Were these moles clay birds? I brought some special rifle ammo for clay birds.

US Military electronic pop up target system. The targets are man sized out to 175 yards, but they are not all exposed at the same time. They do stay up until you knock them down though.

Care to elaborate on stage 7? Were these moles clay birds? I brought some special rifle ammo for clay birds.

US Military electronic pop up target system. The targets are man sized out to 175 yards, but they are not all exposed at the same time. They do stay up until you knock them down though.

Or at least until they think they are hit! We watched one if the RO's hit it at least 4 times before it went down. :)

Well, We're here!

I hope we shoot the long range stages Sat. Forcast is for 30 m/hr gusts Friday!

Bill

That's our last stage tomorrow afternoon, just when the wind is supposed to be at max :)

Ahhhh what a day, flew to Phoenix, registered, walked a few stages, had to return to the airport and fly back home due unforeseen circumstances. Jeez. Looks like it'll be a fun match, sorry I won't be there. Ya'll have fun.

Disclaimer: I shot the match all in one day with the ROs. This is normally tough enough, but 2 days after the brutal Tiger Valley Team match (see vids on my channel) made it even harder. I was definitely not at my best, I had some good stages and some bad stages. I've uploaded all of them to show the complete match experience.

Disclaimer: I shot the match all in one day with the ROs. This is normally tough enough, but 2 days after the brutal Tiger Valley Team match (see vids on my channel) made it even harder. I was definitely not at my best, I had some good stages and some bad stages. I've uploaded all of them to show the complete match experience.

Great video. Thanks :cheers:

I hope your at Blue Ridge. :sight:

Or at least until they think they are hit! We watched one if the RO's hit it at least 4 times before it went down. :)

With respect: NO, you are mistaken - what you saw was an RO shooting at it 4 times. I am the CRO on this stage, and I have tested these targets EXTENSIVELY during the last several months, with loads ranging from .22LR up to .308. I can assure you that when the shooter holds and squeezes the trigger, the hits register. Every morning, before the first squad, I test the targets using a 7.5" barreled AR15 shooting Wolf 55gr FMJ ammo, and they always go down when I do my part. About 4pm this afternoon, during the period of brisk winds we had, I repeated this test and recorded it for posterity... you can see the test in

. The first squad, and anyone else who can get up that early, is welcome to come and witness this test.

Unfortunately, when the beep sounds, the red mist descends and we all start yanking on that trigger, scarcely able to believe we could miss such a big target that close... when my turn came to shoot this stage, I even did it myself ! :roflol: A few of the faster shooters have been getting additional hits on the targets due to the slight lag time after the first two hits are registered and while the target is descending (maybe 0.2 seconds ?), but not many are shooting that fast. We can see the hits reported in real time on the control computer, as anyone is welcome to observe.

If anyone really thinks the targets are being hit a lot more than they are registering, they are welcome to take one of our spent target faces and count the holes... I am confident they will find the number of holes approximately equal to 2x the number of competitors who shot at it.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Here is

so you can see how the stages work for a Tactical Scope shooter. Like Russell, I shot the whole match in one day, which is hard on shooter and equipment alike... you know you are tired when you can barely clear a plate rack with 20 rounds :surprise:

Here is

so you can see how the stages work for a Tactical Scope shooter. Like Russell, I shot the whole match in one day, which is hard on shooter and equipment alike... you know you are tired when you can barely clear a plate rack with 20 rounds :surprise:

Wow, no wonder some guys had faster times then me, I had to hit the suckers twice! :P

With respect: NO, you are mistaken - what you saw was an RO shooting at it 4 times. I am the CRO on this stage, and I have tested these targets EXTENSIVELY during the last several months, with loads ranging from .22LR up to .308. I can assure you that when the shooter holds and squeezes the trigger, the hits register. Every morning, before the first squad, I test the targets using a 7.5" barreled AR15 shooting Wolf 55gr FMJ ammo, and they always go down when I do my part. About 4pm this afternoon, during the period of brisk winds we had, I repeated this test and recorded it for posterity... you can see the test in

. The first squad, and anyone else who can get up that early, is welcome to come and witness this test.

Unfortunately, when the beep sounds, the red mist descends and we all start yanking on that trigger, scarcely able to believe we could miss such a big target that close... when my turn came to shoot this stage, I even did it myself ! :roflol: A few of the faster shooters have been getting additional hits on the targets due to the slight lag time after the first two hits are registered and while the target is descending (maybe 0.2 seconds ?), but not many are shooting that fast. We can see the hits reported in real time on the control computer, as anyone is welcome to observe.

If anyone really thinks the targets are being hit a lot more than they are registering, they are welcome to take one of our spent target faces and count the holes... I am confident they will find the number of holes approximately equal to 2x the number of competitors who shot at it.

cool. We did see a few other folks shoot it today and it does look like they are falling. I could have swore he hit 'em, but that is par with how my match is going.

M

Here is

Wow, no wonder some guys had faster times then me, I had to hit the suckers twice! :P

I had to shoot them twice too in the match. Our target test program only requires a single hit because we are just testing the sensor - if it registers one hit, it will register any number of hits. Besides, have you seen the price of Wolf ammo lately ? :D

Here is

I had to shoot them twice too in the match. Our target test program only requires a single hit because we are just testing the sensor - if it registers one hit, it will register any number of hits. Besides, have you seen the price of Wolf ammo lately ? :D

I'm sure its still cheaper than all those 69s I threw down range ;)