Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spray sticky on hands, Legal ?

Boats

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really should be stickied for future references, discussion.

How cool would it be to have a sub forum with stickied rules discussion that's been hashed out so we don't have this convo every few weeks. (Not that this is a hot issue, but there are a few rules discussions that would be.)

Thanks for your attention to this Mr. Ray.

• 4 weeks later...
For me, "therein lies the rub"...."the spirit of IDPA" vs. the "letter of the law" in IDPA. Is it perfectly legal to do that according to the letter of the law in IDPA rulebook? Well, I don't see where it is prohibited, per se, explicitly.

Does it violate the "spirit of IDPA"? Yeah, I think it does.

I think somewhere in the IDPA rulebook, it does say something along the lines of "no competition only equipment".

"Excuse, Mr. Mugger Bad Guy Thug, give me just a second... I have to put on my Pro Grip lotion before I can draw my pistola and shoot you."

Pardon the sarcasm... but also somewhere in the rule book the phrase "represent real world encounters" can be found.

You all can wear your Pro-grip if you all will let me wear my Nike Landsharks... does that sound like a deal? :P

It could be called a safety issue. :unsure:

BK

I see it as a safety issue especially down here in the South due to perspiration. Alot of people get sweaty hands when they get nervous awaiting their turn. In real world encounters I would say you usually do not have time to get sweaty hands.