Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where do you find your lead?

tomfturner

Just wondering where everyone is getting bullets from these days. Looking mainly for lead bullets, but if you've got a really good deal that's not lead you want to brag about feel free.

Lookin for deals.

Tire store

+1 for Bear Creek Bullets. I have used them for sometime now and have never been disappointed.

+1

Funny thing about this. I was told to try Black Bullets International. Some said they were better than Bear Creek. Well they are good, but if I hold them up to the light, I can't for the life of me tell the difference between the two! (LCN 180gr) Bpth good, and accurate, but for the money and availability, I'll shoot BC. I still have to clean the barrel just as much. (Probably mre than I need, but that's me) You won't be disappointed with either.

JZ

pigfixer wrote:

Tire store

Ditto to that.

And I have a buddy who is a dealership mechanic. We have a deal worked out where he brings me say 100 pounds in wheel weights and I give him back about 50 pounds in birdshot. I made my own birdshot maker from scratch. He and his girlfriend are into shooting trap. So the other 50 pounds in wheelweights...err...ingots... I get to keep for myself and cast whatever out of them.

I am working on making my own lube concoction too. I am trying to become as independent as possible as far as anything reloading component-wise goes.