Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy

SpeedNeeder

Hello all.

I recently started pistol shooting, back in February. It's been really fun when I can find ammo. I shot an IPSC tournament in March, and then again this month (couldn't find enough ammo in between).

I really had a good time.

I found this website, and now I'm searching for training/practice tips for new guys.

I was looking at shot timers and was amazed at the $120 price tag, but I guess it is fairly specialized equipment.

I have been shooting production with my Springfield XDm 9 if anyone wants to know.

Have a great day! :)

We're glad to have you with us SpeedNeeder! :cheers: You'll find this is a great community of terrific people that are amazingly helpful. The BEginners Forum is an excellent place to start but you'll quickly discover a wealth of information in other forums as well. I can guarantee that the knowledge housed here is well beyond any book that you can find on competitive action shooting.

You'll also find that your XDM is a great Production gun. Of course, I may be a bit prejudiced. :rolleyes:

Edited by XD Niner

Hello all.

I recently started pistol shooting, back in February. It's been really fun when I can find ammo. I shot an IPSC tournament in March, and then again this month (couldn't find enough ammo in between).

I found this website, and now I'm searching for training/practice tips for new guys.

I was looking at shot timers and was amazed at the $120 price tag, but I guess it is fairly specialized equipment.

I have been shooting production with my Springfield XDm 9 if anyone wants to know.

That is how it all starts. You go to a match or two and then you're hooked. Most of the seasoned guys at local clubs really know how to treat the new guys. You might give Atlanta Arms and Ammo a try if you can't find your 9mm locally. My last price list shows $200.00 per thousand for 115grain factory reloads. That is probably cheapeaar than Wal-Mart.

Well, You have found a great resource for you to have. Just about any question you could ever have can be answered by the folks on this forum. If you really want to practice spend the money and get that timer. Make yourself some targets and get to work. Good luck and welcome to forum.

Hello all.

Welcome!

Couple of things off the bat that might help.

Shot timers: contact one of our sponsors and buy a CED 7000 (around $109) and call it good (I have three different timers and have used many others)...trust me/us on that one.

Ammo: Contact Atlanta Arms & Ammo via e-mail and ask them to e-mail you their current pricing. Order some of their ammo and be happy! Even their most expensive 9mm ammo (new cases) was only $295/k last I knew (couple of months ago) and reloaded cases were as low at $200/k. They offer free shipping if you're law enforcement.

Use the search function, read lots and you're be set!