Baerburtchell's Range Diary/Training Program

Paul Burtchell

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I haven't posted on the old range diary in awhile. Sept- through now I've just shot for fun and didn't do any dryfire practice or really any structured range time.

I did reach a couple of my goals this year. I made Expert in SSP in IDPA & I was HOA at a local match. I'll know on Dec. 15th, but I believe I am making B in Production. One of the local clubs I shoot at turned in several classifiers from months ago and I think those should move me to B.

One goal that I did not reach was getting my bodyfat % down and staying on a diet and excercise program. SO, I'm putting a picture of my fat ass on this forum as my "before" picture. (I'm the one on the right, in the attached photo).

I'll post a progress picture in 3 months. I've got some short term and long term physique goals. Nothing like a little public notice to keep you on track.

I am through with competitions until mid- January. Got a new STI Eagle and will concentrate on Limited Division next year. Goal is to go from C to A in one year.

I'm only going to shoot one major match this year, that being The Double Tap in June.

My wife and I are headed on a trip to Hawaii and a week long cruise of the Islands and then heading to Cali to visit the Grandkids. It's our 10 year anniversary on the big wifes big 5-0. This will be in Sept. SO, my shooting funds will be a little more limited this year. dry.gif

Merry Christmas, Everyone !!

Edited by Paul Burtchell

• 2 weeks later...

New Bible Study Course Started

Projections/Goals Set At Work

Eating Program Selected

Excercise Program Chosen

Mike Seeklander Training Book & Logbook Ordered

USPSA and IDPA Goals Set

I have the goals set and the plans to obtain them. Keyword now is APPLICATION !!!

2011 is going to be a great year !!

• 3 weeks later...

Just missed getting my "B" card in Production. 58.72 %

You just never know how things are going to go.

On Jan. 03 I was headed off to bed and saw that I had left a lamp on downstairs. Turned around on the staircase and my heels slipped off the stair. Toes nosedived into the stairs below me and sent me headfirst down the stairs. Fortunately I was only 3 steps up and I "crashed" into the living room floor. I lay there for a second kind of stunned and laughing at my self and then noticed my left little toe was headed off at about at 45 degree angle midway up. Completely snapped the rascal.

Well needless to say my physical training program and shooting any matches for Jan. has been canceled by the Doc, but I should be good to go by Feb. 01.

Just a slight delay ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Took my Spartan 9mm down to David Cupp at STI for a 5000 round checkup and a little "tweaking" . Better than new !!!

Nice crisp 2.75# trigger pull, extractor tuned, disconnector work, barrel chamber opened up a little. Lotsa of TLC.

Ran it to the range yesterday and the first 3 shots freestyle at 10 yards were all in one small hole and perfectly centered. Life is good and it sure is sweet living only 30 minutes from STI AND Dawson Precision. :D

I'm going to shoot it at a pistol only side match at a 3 gun match today. We'll see how it and I both do on some long range work.

Thanks again, David :bow:

Edited by Paul Burtchell

• 3 months later...

2 match weekend !! Just finished a USPSA match in Snook, Tx. New range for the Brazosland Pistoleros Club. Very nice facility and a fun match.

Shot a 61.8234% on CM99-23 today . That will drop off a lower classifier, so I should be at 65.0193% Can't wait to get the "B" card in the mail.:D

3 years to get to B :roflol:

Congrats bud! I wish my match would have gone a little smoother. Good shooting with ya!

Thanks Aaron.

Yeah, that Cobramag didn't do you any favors today.

Enjoyed shooting with you as well and it was nice meeting your family and having lunch. Thanks for the invite :cheers: